The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   5 year old Thoroughbred mare... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/5-year-old-thoroughbred-mare-304770/)

funnypaint13 10-31-2013 09:41 PM

5 year old Thoroughbred mare...

1 Attachment(s)
Just for kicks, what do you all think of her?

If anyone wants to know her bloodlines, I'll post after a few opinions. She's well bred. Approx. 16.1 h, 50" girth (barely). Just came out of the pasture about a month or so ago.

Tryst 11-01-2013 12:16 AM

We need better photos with her head up to make any sort of conformation assessment.

Elana 11-01-2013 08:59 AM

I expect this is another really nice horse from what I see here. Maybe a bit long through the coupling but she appears to have a correct hind leg and good bone.. knees and hocks nice and low to the ground. Get some help and do her a favor and pose her better and get a better photo for critique. What I see I like.

funnypaint13 11-01-2013 10:51 AM

I'll get some better photos this weekend, and post them, so please check back. :) She's already doubled her muscle from this photo in just a few weeks. If I can convince someone to video her, I'll do that too.

I bought her as a resale, she's already turning into a forever type of horse, so she might be with me for good!

funnypaint13 11-03-2013 11:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Little bit better! That one leg, she just wouldn't square up. If you could compare with the original photo to prove that it's normal, that would be great. :) I was too busy when everyone was there to get any help, so again I was left to my own devices to get these.

These at least give a little more of an overall picture.

The hack job on her mane was NOT done by me, and I haven't fixed it yet. It looks terrible.

Elana 11-04-2013 12:57 PM

Nice horse. Needs more weight! A little straight through the hocks but nice low hocks and knees. She is bench knee'd on her left front (and may have an outside splint on that leg). She toes out a bit in front. Her neck looks a little short but ties into her shoulder nicely. Nice short back and a short coupling.

Nice horse.

funnypaint13 11-04-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 4022921)
Nice horse. Needs more weight! A little straight through the hocks but nice low hocks and knees. She is bench knee'd on her left front (and may have an outside splint on that leg). She toes out a bit in front. Her neck looks a little short but ties into her shoulder nicely. Nice short back and a short coupling.

Nice horse.

She actually came off the track with a slab fracture to a knee, I'm going to get xrays done on her, to see exactly what's going on in there. The trainer wouldn't give me information as to which knee it was, what was done to it, etc., just that it was healed up already (:evil: - I contacted him after I bought her. Didn't buy her directly from him.) I've been thinking it's the left since I got her, even though she hasn't taken a lame step.

Definately has a short neck, it took me a while to get used to when riding her.

But thank you!

Her breeding...
by Chapel Royal, out of Markree Castle-unraced (by Holy Bull).