The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I'm going to be an instructor!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/im-going-instructor-30514/)

BurningAmber520 06-28-2009 05:51 PM

I'm going to be an instructor!!!!

So I was talking to the owner of the farm where I ride (who is also a good friend of mine) and she was telling me how shes looking for an instructor to help with lessons, shes been getting a lot of calls from people interested in taking lessons and she doesnt have the time to do it all her self.

I offered to help her out (I dont have like a degree in riding instruction but I have given more beginner lessons then I can remember over the years and everyone says im a great instructor!) So she was thrilled, Im thrilled (I really need a job!) and we're going to start planning it out together tomorrow! I'm really excited, and nervous!

Any advise? Thanks!

appylover31803 06-28-2009 08:33 PM

i have no advice, but congrats!!!

Make sure you keep it fun with the kids. It'll keep them interested :)

horseoffire 06-30-2009 10:07 PM

good luck i work at a stables as an instructor and i train horses and clean the barn i pretty much run it the owner lives in the uk. Just a warning some children can be spoiled bratz and a little tough to handle .

Stock Horse Show Source 07-01-2009 07:31 AM

Congrats on your new found job...doing what you love! Hope things work out ok and this is something you can build from. I have no added advice for you, just have fun.

Dartanion 07-03-2009 10:17 PM

Congrates!!! I remeber I loved to play around the world in the saddle when I was younger. I also LOVED doing trail courses and what not! lots of fun trying to remember what to do when. :D

Sunny06 07-03-2009 10:29 PM

I'm very familiar with riding instructors as my own mom is an instructor :)
Really, you just have to relax--you don't have to be perfect. Everybody makes mistakes :)