The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Twinkle Glitter! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/twinkle-glitter-3067/)

horse_luver4e 08-23-2007 07:47 PM

Twinkle Glitter!

Have you heard of TwinkleGlitter? OMG! I want the stencils and the gold spray! I think the hoof polish would be nice for parades too!

sweetypie16 08-24-2007 12:47 AM

Yes i have........ Its pretty cool!! But dear!! I went to saddleworld and it was $12.00!!! And then at a 'cheap' shop its $2.00. Just because it wasn't 'espically' made for horses- GEEZ :roll:

jumpjaky 08-24-2007 04:53 PM

ive seen stuff like that, if its done right it classy but wrong? dont go there! but i think your the type of person to do it right!

Kiki 08-27-2007 12:32 AM

I'm sooooo getting Silver for Dana's mane when we Show!! It would look soooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!

nurse_in_boots 08-29-2007 11:21 AM

Cheap alternative - hair gel mixed with glitter from the craft store. It makes the mane "spiky" but it works well on the body. For hooves you can get clear hoof polish then while it is still wet sprinkle glitter on it. Once that dries do another coat of clear polish, (but be sure you remove it all with polish remover or it will dry out the hooves badly).

Then be sure and post pictures here 'cause I want to see them!

KANSAS_TWISTER 09-08-2007 02:52 AM

i've done what nurse posted and they both work just them same, looked through a catalog with twinkie glitter in it and it was expensive!!......but cool

clipclop 10-04-2007 01:01 AM

i used to hang out with a drill team from langley, BC and they would ride for the rodeo in cloverdale for the anthems at the beginning of the show. they all had their horses' hooves decorated with glitter and the same with the tops of their bums ! they looked awesome ! i definitely like the look of the stuff, adds a little pizzaz to your horse's rear-end hehe

Flickergurl15 10-28-2007 09:28 PM

I was told the hoove polish with glitter is bad for their hooves. It dries them out if you dont wash them off after your done doing whatever your doing with them. But I do want the mane and tail glitter. it looks so cool.

Vidaloco 10-29-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nurse_in_boots
Cheap alternative - hair gel mixed with glitter from the craft store. It makes the mane "spiky" but it works well on the body. For hooves you can get clear hoof polish then while it is still wet sprinkle glitter on it. Once that dries do another coat of clear polish, (but be sure you remove it all with polish remover or it will dry out the hooves badly).

Then be sure and post pictures here 'cause I want to see them!

Thanks for this, I was wondering if there was an alternative. We occasionally ride in parades and was wanting to do so glitter but didn't want to spend the $$. I wonder if hairspray would work if you put the glitter on when it was still wet. :?:

arastangrider 01-05-2008 04:33 AM

all hoof polishes dry out hooves and should be removed right after a show