The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Hano Arab X (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/hano-arab-x-307345/)

MudPaint 11-05-2013 11:05 AM

Hano Arab X

2 Attachment(s)
I know he has some faults, but he's a willing jumper with some talent. And yes he is VERY hard to keep clean. The shot of me holding him is from this past spring. The tied pic is from 3 years ago.

CandyCanes 11-05-2013 02:56 PM

Upright front pasterns, and I see a hunters bump (It might not be, but it looks like one to me!). He's got shark fin withers as well. He is significantly back at the knee as well.
However, I like his neck, and how it ties into the withers :)
Why an earth is his mane two tone in the second picture?!
I like the unusual mix of breeds.... But I'm really not seeing any arab in there.

MudPaint 11-05-2013 03:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
His sire is a colored arab... He's a grey and white paint. He has a shield that wraps up his neck over his ears and grey points on his hip/stifle area. You can't tell when he's dirty.

Yes.... very sharkfin whithers, but technically a wide tree... it has made saddle fitting a blast.

CandyCanes 11-05-2013 03:20 PM

Oh..... No wonder! Thanks for clearing that up for me ;)

alyssaanne 11-05-2013 03:25 PM

He's adorable. Live the under saddle pic but his pasterns in the front concern me. *from the picture* his front hoof/hooves almost look clubby. But take that with a grain of salt since I'm a condo newbie
Posted via Mobile Device

jaydee 11-05-2013 03:26 PM

I'm not going to critique him - because he does the job that you seem to want of him and gives you a lot of pleasure by the sound of it
One of the best jumping horses I ever owned had the most awful conformation and could stand with every hoof pointing in a totally wrong direction if he felt like it but when he saw a fence he seemed to grow wings and that was all that mattered - oh and he lived to a good age and was never unsound

MudPaint 11-05-2013 03:37 PM

^^
Weird how that works. I had a s/j like that. Tiny, built like a tank but looked like someone slapped a few horses together to make her. Jumped like she was made of springs and never knew the word no.

I won't even begin to say he's that good, but he's honest, and takes all situations in stride so it just works.