The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Which trainer would you put in training and with who? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/trainer-would-you-put-training-who-30750/)

TroubledTB 07-01-2009 03:30 PM

Which trainer would you put in training and with who?

So if you could take a trainer and tell them to go back to school who would it be and where would you send them?
For me it would be Richard Spooner, and I would send him to George Morris to finally fix his leg over the jumps.
Another would be Steve Cross, because of many, many, reasons and I would send him to Leslie Steele just to make it painful.

Who would you pick? Just curious.

StormyBlues 07-01-2009 04:06 PM

DEF Ludgar Beerbam(or however you spell it) to GM to fix his position overall, it is horrible!!!!!!

And Corrin Ashton, I think she is a very reckless rider, I would send her to David O'Conner.

eventerdrew 07-01-2009 04:13 PM

I definitely agree with sending Richard Spooner back to Morris. His leg flops all over the place the the point where sometimes I'm afraid that he will fall.

I would send Anky van Grunsven to Debbie Macdonald. Debbie is a very classy rider and doesn't do the harsh stuff that Anky does.

Darren Chiacchia to Kim Severson. He rides like a hunter rider so much that it's scary on XC.

do you really think Corrine is reckless, SB? I've never seen her act reckless.

MIEventer 07-01-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Darren Chiacchia to Kim Severson. He rides like a hunter rider so much that it's scary on XC.

That seems to be the trend at lower levels too. Hunter/Jumpers who have been drilled on "Equitation" venture onto the CC course and jump a CC fence the same way they do a stadium fence - tisk tisk...they are going to get into allot of trouble.

But Darren is an exceptional rider.

Ludgar Beerbalm is one of the most functional riders out there - he'd outride many North Americans...and does - regardless of his form. May not look pretty, but he sure does get the job done. European Riding is not as perched or posed as North American Riding.

~~~

Who would I send to whom?

No one. I have allot of issues of my own to deal with, I am by no means at upper levels and who am I to judge them - since they are where they are for a reason.

eventerdrew 07-01-2009 04:24 PM

from seeing Darren in FL, I don't like the way he rides at all. Strung out and kind of wild.

MIEventer 07-01-2009 04:26 PM

I hear he got started on a race track. He was cleaning stalls at first and then was able to start riding the TB's - then it went from that to training them...now look where he is.

I wonder what his official training was between the Track and where he is now?

I've watched him allot out at Richland Park here in my neck of the woods. It is a 3 star rated course where big named riders come every year to ride. Darren, The O'Connors, Dorothy Crowell, Becky Holder, Buck Davidson - I've been blessed to beable to watch them! I don't really recall Darren being strung out, but he is a forward rider.

StormyBlues 07-01-2009 04:55 PM

I thought Corrin's 2008 Rolex XC was slightly reckless, my opnion on it

MIEventer 07-01-2009 05:00 PM

How about before you critique a GP Level Rider who has made a name for himself world wide - you work on your form first.

StormyBlues 07-01-2009 05:01 PM

My form is acctaully almost perfect over 3' jumps

MIEventer 07-01-2009 05:04 PM

Let's see.