The Horse Forum banner

so..I like to draw (:

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Fringe 
#1 ·
I'm definitely not very good, but I like to do it. I've been kind of self taught, kind of trial and error (as in, draw, hate it, and move on hah). I've taken two semesters of art class, neither one focused on drawing. These are also right after a 6 month hiatus from drawing, so I was a little rusty. Oh, and I'm only 14

Okay, enough with my excuses. Here they are...*cringe*

(first drawing with the new pencils my artistically-gifted grandpa gave me)

(i was stuck home, sick)

I usually do them off of pictures, but I don't make an outline or anything. I just start on the left side and work my way to the right (so i don't smudge the drawing with my hand, lol). Sorry they're blurry, my camera wasn't cooperating. :)

What do you think?

See less See more
Reactions: Ripplewind
#6 ·
I think they're really good considering you're self taught! That's how I learned to draw - and believe me, at first my stuff was baaaad. Now I actually don't mind showing it online lol!

#10 ·
I especially like this one:

I like the way you arent' afraid to use strong darks and lights and don't put equal development in all parts of the drawing, but kind of have some areas more developed, so we can focus on them. This one has some feeling to it, of an older horse perhaps, in a relaxed state.

keep working, and keep being brave wih dark/light. you can always tone it down later, but be bold to start with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.