The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Farm Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-equipment/)
-   -   Ford/New Holland Tractors (http://www.horseforum.com/farm-equipment/ford-new-holland-tractors-30836/)

Joshie 07-02-2009 11:28 PM

Ford/New Holland Tractors

Anybody have one of these? We purchased a Ford/New Holland tractor with our farm. We have 5 implements for the tractor. The former owner described it as a "lady's tractor."

My dad went to the dealership to see if we over paid. Apparently, we got a very good deal on the tractor. :D

hotreddun 07-07-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie (Post 341640)
Anybody have one of these? We purchased a Ford/New Holland tractor with our farm. We have 5 implements for the tractor. The former owner described it as a "lady's tractor."

My dad went to the dealership to see if we over paid. Apparently, we got a very good deal on the tractor. :D

If by "lady" they mean "superior in every way" than yes I would have to agree with that description. We have a little 30 hp New Holland. It can lift and tow just us much as our neighbors 45 Kubota and has a faster top speed.

Joshie 07-07-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotreddun (Post 344642)
If by "lady" they mean "superior in every way" than yes I would have to agree with that description. We have a little 30 hp New Holland. It can lift and tow just us much as our neighbors 45 Kubota and has a faster top speed.

Ooh, I like that! It does seem to be a nice little tractor. It's not exactly little in size. I guess I'd describe ours as a medium sized tractor. It can lift round bales even. It's a diesel and has 4WD. We can mow, have a bucket, can turn the arena under, till, etc. It's a nice thing. My daughter is a a little afraid of it though....it's not exactly big enough for passengers.