The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Custom iPhone 5 Case (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/custom-iphone-5-case-308769/)

nickers103 11-07-2013 01:04 PM

Custom iPhone 5 Case

So I broke down and recently purchased one of those cool looking custom photo iPhone 5 cases. The kicker? I apparently did not research the product all that well (eager me) and I ended up with an over-priced, back-portion only of a cell phone case. I am accustom to keeping my phone in an otterbox case but I was looking for something cute that I could put my phone in while not at work or on the farm, etc. Anybody have any suggestions on a cover for the iPhone 5 custom photo cases?

Zexious 11-07-2013 03:45 PM

I dunno about custom ones, but I definitely recommend the silicon/plastic ones. I am kind of a label ***** and purchase pretty exclusively from designers. I have three of this type of case from Kate Spade and have been very happy with all of them.

I have one all plastic one from Michael Kors. It cracked after a couple of weeks. It's aesthetically pleasing, but doesn't really serve it's purpose.

My2Geldings 12-28-2013 11:37 PM

I would recommend you keep your otter box if you're out on the farm or seeing horses, and get the cute case for when you go out. Having worked for a large retail company that sold brand name iPhone cases, I now have seen how cheaply made they are. I would stay away from brand names, and get yourself a cute case online or at your local cell phone carrier. You will have lots of options and they will be cheaper than the brand names.

farmpony84 01-02-2014 09:13 PM

I just have a back piece of my iphone (it's a 4) and I have the HD plastic cover thing on the front. My horse has stepped on it twice, no issues. I just suggest you don't wash it. I did that a couple weeks ago and now I have 2 more before my free upgrade....

I could not believe that WITH the insurance you still have to come off $170 to replace a busted phone...