The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Which Pedigree Is Better? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/pedigree-better-30902/)

BonnieRose 07-04-2009 02:47 AM

Which Pedigree Is Better?

Which of these is better?

1- Buckskin filly with star and sock
Zippin On Milkyway Quarter Horse

2- Red Dun filly with star
Classic Jolene Quarter Horse

And why?
I am going to buy one and I just don't know which one to choose. They are both weenlings and as gentle as can be. I like the buckskin color better, but she is taller and leaner, still built nice though. And the Red Dun is built like a tank. She is shorter, but has an AMAZING hip.
What do you think???? HELP!

BonnieRose 07-04-2009 03:03 AM

Pictures of the 2 Fillies:

2 Attachment(s)
The first picture is of Zippin On Milkyway, the second is of Classic Jolene. Which do you like better and why?

Joshie 07-04-2009 11:30 AM

What do you want to use them for? What's the price difference? I'd certainly want better pics. I don't like the pics of the legs of the one on the right. As they say, pretty is as pretty does.

smrobs 07-04-2009 12:01 PM

To me, they are pretty evenly matched when it comes to pedigree. They both go back to Two Eyed Jack, Three Bars, and Poco Bueno. Pretty darn good breeding IMHO. You should definitely ask for better pix just to see the big differences in the foals and so you can see any confo faults they may have. It looks like the bottom one is more muscular but the shoulder and croup are beautiful on the buckskin.

BonnieRose 07-04-2009 08:15 PM

More pictures....

6 Attachment(s)
I have seen them in person, and they are both gentle as can be. I also cannot see any confirmation faults in either one. They are just a little over 2 months old. The red dun is much shorter, and the buckskin is leggy and much taller. The buckskin is only about 1 1/2 weeks older. I attached some more pictures. Based on the information given, do you have any idea what your top dollar would be to give for one of them? They are both SUPER gentle and "people horses".
?????
They are asking $950 for the buckskin, and $1250 for the red dun.
?????
THANK YOU!

FGRanch 07-05-2009 01:00 PM

Well they both have the Two Eyed Jack lines...but the Buckskin also has Zippo Pine Bar lines. I like the look of the Red Dun better but I like the papers on the Buckskin better. The buckskin is far to fine for what I like to see, I like a horse with some substance to it!

Word of advice! Don't shop for color! A bay, black, or sorrel is just as good as any dun or buskin!

reining girl 07-05-2009 03:49 PM

I like the filly better, the buckskin might have better breeding breeding but if you geld him what the point. The filly has more substance to her and i think a better look i would go with the filly.

cayuseranch 07-05-2009 04:34 PM

Personally I think the one with the "amazing" hip is so "amazing" that it is out of proportion with the rest of the body, but that is just my opinion. Maybe she will grow into it.

FGRanch 07-05-2009 04:41 PM

RJ both horses are fillies!

Tennessee 07-05-2009 04:52 PM

Eh. Pedigree wise, one is not better than the other.

As for look, I say go with the red dun. She has a much better look, although I agree with cayuse, however, the little girl will probably grow into her big ole hindquarter.