The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   first bath ever! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/first-bath-ever-30904/)

luvsmygirls 07-04-2009 04:11 AM

first bath ever!

2 Attachment(s)
i just had to share. Franka had her first hose bath ever today and she was really good. my girl is almostly freakishly good. monday we started working on clipping and got her nose and jaw and throatlatch done with very little trouble she only threw her head once and then today i was working on it again and she was perfect and even let me clip her bridle path and the outside of her ears although her eyes got really big after that. lol. she got lots of treats and hugs and was very pleased with herself! lol anyway like i said i was just excited and had to share. :D

JumpingJellyBean 07-04-2009 01:13 PM

Thats really good!! Shes really cute. My pony doesn't mind baths but he hates his mane being pulled and his ears being clipped!

Jillyann 07-04-2009 02:13 PM

Shes So cute! Is she arab?

mindyme 07-04-2009 04:27 PM

She is adorable. It sounds like both of you had fun.

luvsmygirls 07-05-2009 02:51 PM

Actually she is German Warrmblood Thoroughbred cross. but she is adorable. Thank you. we had a blast!

RidingBareback 07-06-2009 04:26 PM

Wow. It looks she stood so quietly.

APHA MOMMA 07-10-2009 03:20 AM

Awww, she is just too cute, how old is she. She sounds like she has a real level head on her and that is awesome, way to go. :)

nldiaz66 07-10-2009 11:38 AM

Im just wondering, what is around her neck? not the halter..

HalfPass 07-10-2009 04:00 PM

Way cool...good job!
I just recently gave my horse a bath. He is 8 but I am sure the last bath he had was when he was in training on the track. TB gelding.
I pleaded with my dad to take him out of trainng so he did not race. He ended up almost hurting himself so he came back to my parents ranch. He became mine and I was injured...so long story short he has recently come to live with me and he and I ahd our first bath together...lol
He was a good boy and seemd to like the water and sponge....
Thanks for sharing...Your horse must be young? A German Warmblood and TB cross will be really nice...
I love warmloods and TB's so I think your horse is really nice looking. Sweet head ...
HP