The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Wish me luck! I'm starting the process of getting my mom's Christmas gift! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/wish-me-luck-im-starting-process-309073/)

Incitatus32 11-07-2013 10:50 PM

Wish me luck! I'm starting the process of getting my mom's Christmas gift!

So I've been debating on what to get my mom for Christmas because I didn't want to get her something trivial and I really didn't want to spend too much money on said trivial thing (and had no clue what homemade gift I could give her), and I'm trying to get her horsey stuff that she can use. Well I discovered a place that makes horse hair jewelry and figured, "hey! Her horse has a GORGEOUS tail, and she loves the nut ball to death so I could get her that!". I thought that it was sentimental enough, and the people do good work so it'll be pretty enough/durable for her to wear to her job and wherever. I'm going to put the bracelet in with the original note that told her her horse was sold (as a B-day gift to her but she didn't know) and have the note put in a small frame).

There is a problem with this. I have to find time away from her to go and get the hair off of her horses tail and then mail it. I can't drive on my own and will probably need a second set of hands to help me with him due to being on the mend. I have several half concocted schemes to deal with this, but there's still the issue of getting her to leave me alone with him for 45 minuets while I mess with his tail and hide the clippings away.

A boarder at my barn offered to take her trail riding with my mare so that I can have some quality time with her horse and get his tail done. I'm thinking if he's good I'll just do it myself, if not.... I don't know.... I'll figure out some errand for her to run and have the boarder help me.

So wish me luck! I think I'm going to need it, keeping this hidden from her! I hope it all goes well and this bracelet turns out good! :lol:

amp23 11-07-2013 10:56 PM

It really doesn't takes more than a minute to clip off a little from the underside of the tail :) usually whoever makes the jewelry will clean the hair anyway. But I think this is an awesome Christmas gift!

Incitatus32 11-22-2013 04:06 PM

Because I have to show someone haha

1 Attachment(s)
I have to show someone because this came WAY earlier then I was expecting! :lol: Her horse was an absolute saint for me while I cut his tail (and it still trails behind him :shock:) so now I just have to find a place to hide it from her! haha

amp23 11-22-2013 05:16 PM

That looks exactly like mine! Love it! She will be so happy to get it :)

wdblevin 11-22-2013 05:33 PM

Incitatus32, that is such a thoughtful gift... She will love it... Well done!

rideverystride 11-22-2013 06:50 PM

Gorgeous :). She will love it I'm sure. I know I appreciated it when I got mine for my birthday.

Incitatus32 11-22-2013 08:09 PM

Thank you! I'm just glad everything went smoothly and it looks nice! :)

Roux 11-23-2013 12:08 AM

That is wonderful! What a great gift, she is going to love it.
Posted via Mobile Device

VickiRose 11-23-2013 06:04 AM

That's awesome!

Cacowgirl 11-23-2013 07:30 AM

Lovely, thoughtful gift, hope you have a camera there when she opens it.