The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Barrel Racing Gone WRONG (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/barrel-racing-gone-wrong-309169/)

ErinaStars 11-08-2013 08:46 AM

Barrel Racing Gone WRONG

rideverystride 11-12-2013 02:25 PM

Some of those riders are just plain awful. Wow...

ForeverSunRider 11-12-2013 06:42 PM

It's stuff like this that makes me want to try this all the more lol

GamingGrrl 11-12-2013 06:59 PM

Only watched till a little past a minute. I wouldn't let any of those riders within a mile of my horses. No independent seats at all, totally out of balance, and more focused on leg flapping than actually knowing how to ride. They'd benefit from riding lessons, lunge lessons, and no stirrup work. Along with WALKING the pattern.

(Coming from someone who barrel races, not bashing the discipline, just the bad riders)
Posted via Mobile Device

QHriderKE 11-12-2013 11:13 PM

The woman with the hat at 1:25 tho!
http://collegetimes.ie/wp-content/up...r-laughing.gif

amp23 11-12-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamingGrrl (Post 4086633)
Only watched till a little past a minute. I wouldn't let any of those riders within a mile of my horses. No independent seats at all, totally out of balance, and more focused on leg flapping than actually knowing how to ride. They'd benefit from riding lessons, lunge lessons, and no stirrup work. Along with WALKING the pattern.

(Coming from someone who barrel races, not bashing the discipline, just the bad riders)
Posted via Mobile Device

Agreed! There was one further along where they stayed on through a bucking/crow hopping fit :shock: best clip of them all. But for the majority, I just don't understand how someone can just fly off a horse at the slightest change in the horses movement like most of them did! It's one thing for a beginner, another for someone who actually competes!

DancingArabian 11-13-2013 12:11 AM

It's riders like that that make people think poorly of barrel racing.

I got some laughs though!
Posted via Mobile Device

DuckDodgers 11-13-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amp23 (Post 4088377)
Agreed! There was one further along where they stayed on through a bucking/crow hopping fit :shock: best clip of them all. But for the majority, I just don't understand how someone can just fly off a horse at the slightest change in the horses movement like most of them did! It's one thing for a beginner, another for someone who actually competes!

That was some good staying power from that one rider! Then there was that one rider that got knocked out of the saddle... and the horse just going along with the rider on his neck for the rest of the ride! Or the guy that fell off RIGHT at the end of the run. And the lady with the hat... oh my god I was giggling! Check your clothes before you go in the ring!!

And the horrible riding. I have nothing in the world against barrel racing... but some need to learn that it's not all about kicking and jerking!!

GamingGrrl 11-13-2013 04:13 PM

I watched it again and watched most of it, mainly to see the lady with the hat. I probably would've peed my pants in her position.

The scary thing is....it seems like most of these clips were taken in the same arena.

tinyliny 11-13-2013 05:04 PM

and none of you saw the horse go down and roll OVER the girl? horrors!