The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Massage Therapy my golden ticket (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/massage-therapy-my-golden-ticket-30922/)

Rebelappy 07-04-2009 01:49 PM

Massage Therapy my golden ticket

:DOk so a few of you know that about a month a go rebel my barrel horse came up severally lame. Had no idea how what when or where but we took him to the vet and they said hed pulled basically his groin muscle so he was having a hard time moving his right hip at all but they gave him banamine anyway. For three days he was given that and said that if it wasnt any better then i should take him back:shock: which i wasnt looking forward too. Well he seemed alittle better in that three days he was at least walking aroound now good improvment so i put him back out in pasture ... well the last three weeks he hasnt been ride able at all!! im so bummed so i gave in and called the chiropractor out cause the only other thing i could think of was that his hip may have popped out of place, she came out to day and massaged him up and down and around the good news was this hip wasnt out but his muscles are SSOOO tight it isnt funny she massaged him for about an hour and wow did he love it I cant belive how better he was moving heck she couldnt believe how well he was moving im soooo happy i though he could be messed up for good but i got go out this week as much as possible and massage him and shes coming back next week its totally worth it to i cant belive how sore he is .. any ways just had share my happieness

Erin_And_Jasper 07-09-2009 10:28 AM

i tried MT and my horse hated it! i think he didnt want the lady touching him. but my other horse loved it.

iridehorses 07-09-2009 10:52 AM

I looked into learning the technique but just haven't had the time. I think the concept is wonderful but, like anything else, you need a knowledgeable therapist.

G and K's Mom 07-09-2009 12:12 PM

All three of our's love it. George hangs his head and just about goes to sleep.

FGRanch 07-09-2009 12:21 PM

I just finished my course for Equine Massage Therapy. It was a wonderful course and it's amazing how much you learn. I was amazed at the difference in the horses that I've worked on. It does amazing things! My horses are all spoiled and get treatments as often as I have time.