The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Artwork (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/)
-   -   New acrylic painting!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-artwork/new-acrylic-painting-30936/)

Equusketch 07-04-2009 06:25 PM

New acrylic painting!!!

1 Attachment(s)
I very rarely ever paint, just because I am not very good at it in comparison to pencil drawings. The Napa fair is coming up, so I thought, what the heck, I might as well whip out a painting for the painting division. I do think this is my best painting so far.

Enjoy!!!

azarni 07-05-2009 12:41 AM

O_O

Fantastic

Equusketch 07-07-2009 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks. Here is another one I whipped out yesterday. Also going to the fair. This one was much smaller, only 9 x 12. The first painting i believe is 16 x 20.

BackInTheSaddleAgain 07-09-2009 01:45 PM

Awesome work! I'm a little nervouse to get into painting. I recently bought all the supplies, but I'm procrastinating cause I'm worried I'll fail at it. I'm much more comfy with a pencil.

PassionHorse 07-10-2009 07:03 PM

That is wonderful! I really like the forelock!

DixiesPaintedNova 07-10-2009 07:43 PM

wow i love it!

Equusketch 07-15-2009 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain (Post 346672)
Awesome work! I'm a little nervouse to get into painting. I recently bought all the supplies, but I'm procrastinating cause I'm worried I'll fail at it. I'm much more comfy with a pencil.

I say go for it. You may not be happy at first, but as with anything, the more practice you get it, the better you get. I know canvases are relatively expensive for "practice" pieces, but that's what gesso is for. Gesso is this great white liquid that you can use to cover a botched painting and start over. Though I'd recommend only doing gessoed paintings for practice. I haven't had much luck with them.

I actually have only done maybe as many paintings as I have fingers on my hands, so VERY little experience, but I think even a little practice has gone a long way (even if these were my first paintings in about a year...lol)

This was actually the first painting I ever did. It was a gesso of a gessoed painting...lol.

Zab 07-15-2009 07:51 PM

Nice paintings! :)
Good colour and shading, pleasant to look at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackInTheSaddleAgain (Post 346672)

Just start, you won't succeed if you don't try :P

ilovemyPhillip 07-19-2009 12:35 PM

wow!! awesome!!

RoCru 07-19-2009 11:16 PM

Those are all great!! Good Job!