The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Had my very last lesson at my current stable today... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/had-my-very-last-lesson-my-30971/)

TaMMa89 07-05-2009 10:57 AM

Had my very last lesson at my current stable today...

Yeah, I rode there almost 8 years and now it's gone because the stable will disband very soon. The last two rideable horses will leave the stable after three days so that was my last time there. Actually that was pretty nice last lesson, the owner organized something special for me & the other rider who ride with me in that lesson. I'm mainly dressage-or-somehing-like-that person and we were allowed to try jumping. I've tried jumping perhaps 1 or 2 times before, not so seriously so that was a quite new experience for me. The fence wasn't so high, maybe 20cm but when I fly over it in brisk canter with that lovable, boyish goofy gelding I felt like I'd have flied. So not so bad last memory from there.

But oh gosh how time has gone. That was my very first stable and I remember how I started to take lessons there when I was young kid in a lower level comprehensive school, barely touched a real horse before. Time went, I grow and graduated my lower/upper level comprehensive, shifted to upper secondary school, graduated it too but the stable, horses and all these familiar horsey people were always there. I had uphills & downhills in my life but I could go there every week. I remember winters, when I felt so cold and even freezed my cheecks twice when the wintry wind went over the snowy, open outside ring. I remember summers, how the teacher stood in the sandy ring among dust, raised by horses' hooves. I remember horses who came and left during my time and these who stayed there whole the time. I remember foals in every spring/summer (beside they gave lessons they also breeded Finnhorses). I remember how I helped younger riders and did some else little tasks too. I loved the cosy, outright atmosphere of a small rural stable.

Well, I think I've a place to continue my riding. At least temporarily. I'm very probably going to ride a old, private pet gelding. Now when I'm very probably also continuing my studies in the upcoming autumn and it means moving away here I haven't searched any directed lessons or something like that here because I could ride there only few months. Oh but it's okay, I've never minded of competiting etc so it can be very nice experience to take trail ridings etc with that gelding. I still think I'm going to try find a directed lessons/a private horse in then in my new town if my budget of student only allow me to do it because I want to develop myself as a rider (if I'm not into pet horses too much then ;)).

But oh how this can feel so bittersweet. I had difficulty in keeping my eyes dry when I left the stable the last time today. I almost burst into tears while writing that.

Just wanted to let this out and share my bittersweet feeling with you. I feel like I'd have just lost a some kind of part of my life. I can't believe that small, cosy stable isn't there anymore.

JadedEyes 07-05-2009 11:15 AM

It's ok Tamma. I'm sure you will find exactly what you are looking for in a new stable.

I remember riding when I was little. Every single barn that I went to was disbanded for some reason or another. I was riding on and off on and off. Trying to find new stables was hard and when I started to feel comfortable, the stable was gone. I actually had to stop riding for quite some time because I couldn't find another stable to ride at.

For some reason, when I came back home to go to school I wanted to ride again. So I was on another journey to find a new barn. I did find one, but it was English and I had never ridden English ever. All I could imagine was those stupid helmets, weird looking pants, and a punny looking saddle. But I was desperate to ride, so I tried it.

I have never looked back. I love it so much. I actually went trail riding a few summers ago with my mom on a western saddle and it was horrible. Hahaha....

I found out that I just love being around horses and I took a chance. It worked out, thankfully.

It will work out in due time. Don't you worry. Everything always works out in the horse world.

:-)

LacyLove 07-05-2009 02:00 PM

i know how you feel. my stable closed down too about 3 weeks ago. but, i was only there for about a year. but it felt horrible, i had lost all those nice people and horses. and the one horse i had true connections with. again, im really sorry. and i know how you feel. cheer up!
~Daria

TaMMa89 07-08-2009 03:35 PM

Ohh thanks ppl. Nice you can share that feeling even if it isn't nice to lost anything.

Kentucky 07-10-2009 12:53 PM

That is every sad and I am sorry to hear that. Now that you have been forced to improve yourself. What is your next step?

TaMMa89 07-10-2009 06:13 PM

I'm not all sure. Like I said I'm very probably going to ride one private horse. After that I'm not sure, prolly try to find a riding stable or something like that or then private horse again. But I can't know yet what kind of life & economic situation I'll have then, I just know I try to keep riding.

I also hope the owner of the stable will find a new home for one of her young horses. It would be pity to slaughter him or something like that 'cos he's so healthy and hearty young fella with pretty nice pedigree.