The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Showing! (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/showing-30994/)

Goosen 07-05-2009 06:40 PM

Showing!

Okay, I've only done two shows before. This will be my third and the horse I'm going with it'll be her second show. I'm sure she'll be fine - hopefully at least. We're doing intro tests...Ever met a horse that hates to canter? I have. Some days her canter is amazing, but most days it's just a mess. Anyways, we should do pretty well. She's good with her head, has a good free walk and I'm hoping to get some tips on my legs from the judges - I have no idea what I'm doing with them anymore.

Before I head into the ring I've found that I become nervous. I'll even get very tense and stressed and throw my horse off a ton sometimes. But the minute we're in the ring everything falls together. I remember at my first show, the green horse I was riding didn't totally get the jog thing yet (it was western) and we couldn't get it in the arena. But in the ring? It was pretty dang amazing. My mind just kind of...I don't know. Guess I just don't really think or something?

Pretty much I'm just really super excited and needed to tell someone! It's a week from today - The 12th of July - and I learned about it yesterday. Ah well, I'm still excited!

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-05-2009 06:59 PM

Good luck!! :-) I have an eventing mini trial that same day, so maybe we'll be doing our dressage at the same time haha! I'm showing Intro as well, since I'm just getting into showing and have a green horse as well. (but my intro test is only walk-trot, lucky for me!)

I get SUPER nervous before as well, but I just keep telling myself, it's like a 4 minute test so it'll be over before I know it! ;-) Hope yours goes well!

boxer 07-05-2009 06:59 PM

Good Luck!! and yes I have met horses who don't like to canter!

Goosen 07-05-2009 07:14 PM

Oh wow, I've always wanted to do eventing! I haven't jumped in /years/ though we might sometime this year. =]

And, by the way, both intro tests are just walk and trot. At least they were last time I checked?

Hopefully all goes well!

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-05-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goosen (Post 343498)
Oh wow, I've always wanted to do eventing! I haven't jumped in /years/ though we might sometime this year. =]

And, by the way, both intro tests are just walk and trot. At least they were last time I checked?

Hopefully all goes well!

You should! Both my horse and I are new to jumping (and showing in general!) so we just started learning, which is why we started out in the Intro class. And yes, in eventing anyway (not sure what exact show yours is), the intro dressage test in walk-trot only. Nice and easy! :-)

Good luck in your show!

Goosen 07-08-2009 11:16 AM

Right now we're not sure if we're going to be able to get in to the show on Sunday. We'll find out Friday. D=