The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show coat, yes or no??

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  MegaBraden 
#1 ·
I got this show coat from one of my old trainers for free. I think its gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE it. I think it fits me perfectly and just looks nice. The brand is Foxwood Riding Attire.

But, is it too outdated??
Also, one of the front buttons came off, so we took one off of the sleeve to put it on the front, so the bottom button is smaller than the rest. Would the judges notice that in the hunter ring and not like it? or wouldn't they notice?
Oh, and the collar on it is velvet. I love it!
Let me know your opinions on this please!

Front
Clothing White Outerwear Clothes hanger Sleeve

Back
Clothing Outerwear Blazer Sleeve Jacket

Pattern
Pattern Woven fabric Textile Mesh

Buttons
Clothing Button Plaid Collar Pattern

On me
Clothing Blue Jeans Leg Denim

See less See more
#2 ·
admittedly i wasnt a great lover of it from the first few images but it looks really good on you!! the bottom button is only slightly smaller, i probably wouldnt have noticed if you didnt mention it. i like it though it looks fine. the jacket as a whole does look slightly daed but its not too bad. it depends what other people think, get as many opinions as possible then you can be more sure about the result!

#3 ·
Yeah, I agree, just looking at it on the hanger, it doesn't look so good. But once I put it on, I really like it. I do have another coat I got last summer thats just an all navy one like everyone elses, but I hate having the same thing as everyone. I like to be a little bit different. haha

thanks!

#4 ·
it looks to be of good quality so if you like it wear it! only a small ammount of marks come from what you look like anyway, the main part is your riding! if its a showing class though i would go for the blue jacket.

i know what you mean about being diffrent :P i normally end up in blue johds, pink chaps and black boots when i go to the yard - you cant get much more diffrent that that :P but its only the yard so i dont care

#5 ·
haha yeahh thanks!!

I will probably wear that one then but always just take both to the shows just in case. I normally show in jumpers but I just got a super calm OTTB that I want to start showing in Hunters next month. =)) Hopefully he is ready to atleast walk, trot by then!

#11 ·
Awesome!! I was super worried that it would be outdated because you NEVER see anyone wear coats like this. Everyone else's are either plain or have tiny pin stripes in them. This makes me really happy though. =)))

But what about the buttons?? Are the buttons okay?? haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.