The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (
-   -   Ouch!! (

CuriousGeorge 07-07-2009 11:04 PM

I ended up in the E.R. today with thirteen stitches across my face. My horse kicked me in the face. He was being stubborn so I swatted him on the butt with a crop and he turned around and kicked me in the side of the face. I am 5'3 so I'm not super tall but he had to work hard to get his foot up there. He split my face open down to my bone and it stretched across my face!!

I guess he showed me, no more crops while I am in kicking range for him. I didn't think we needed to go to the hospital but when we got there I was rushed to the back and the plastic surgeon was called who laughed when I told him I didn't think it was that bad.

It doesn't hurt yet but I am expecting lots of pain.

Some days are just worse then others :(
Anyone else have a bad day?

CheyAut 07-08-2009 04:32 AM

Oh my goodness! OUCH is right! BAD HORSEY! Hope you heal quickly and with as little pain as possible!

Scoutrider 07-08-2009 09:07 AM

Aww, Man! And you only title the thread "Ouch!!"??? :shock: You're made of tougher stuff than me, lol.

I hope you heal soon, and aren't in too much pain.

farmpony84 07-08-2009 09:24 AM

bad pony! go kick him back! I'm glad your spirits are up!

iridehorses 07-08-2009 09:27 AM

Much worse then my story. I'm real sorry for you.

On Friday, I brought in a new horse for training and during the intro to my gelding (Boomer), in a split second Boomer turned and went to kick the new guy - only I was in the way and got a hoof in my butt - couldn't sit for the rest of the night ... thank goodness for the padding I naturally carry :wink:.

FGRanch 07-08-2009 09:38 AM

Wow you seem so calm...I probably wouldn't be so relaxed about it!

QHDragon 07-08-2009 10:12 AM

I think I would be saying more than just ouch! But then again I don't have a very high pain tolerance.

goldilockz 07-08-2009 10:15 AM

That makes my face hurt just thinking about!

booner 07-08-2009 11:05 AM

OUCH!!!! thats my biggest fear is being kicked.Hope you heal fast.

CuriousGeorge 07-08-2009 07:35 PM

Thanks for all the responses!
I hope it doesn't scar too badly but for now I can only eat things that are liquid. Lots of slimfast and ice cream!
It's alright, it just feels like I got kicked in the face and it seems to be healing although there is a lot of swelling.

Too bad about the hoofprint in the butt that has gotta hurt!
At least I didn't feel anything when they did the stitches, I had lots of shots in the cut to make it numb.
Now it just feels like everything tugs on the stitches and is uncomfortable but I get my stitches out monday and I can take a shower tonight. the plastic surgeon did a really good job!!

I know I will be out there riding him again real soon, hopefully this weekend but I will have to see how my face is first.

I will let everyone know monday when he takes the stitches out if I scarred too badly.