The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Ouch!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/ouch-31175/)

CuriousGeorge 07-07-2009 10:04 PM

Ouch!!

I ended up in the E.R. today with thirteen stitches across my face. My horse kicked me in the face. He was being stubborn so I swatted him on the butt with a crop and he turned around and kicked me in the side of the face. I am 5'3 so I'm not super tall but he had to work hard to get his foot up there. He split my face open down to my bone and it stretched across my face!!

OUCH!!

I guess he showed me, no more crops while I am in kicking range for him. I didn't think we needed to go to the hospital but when we got there I was rushed to the back and the plastic surgeon was called who laughed when I told him I didn't think it was that bad.

It doesn't hurt yet but I am expecting lots of pain.

Some days are just worse then others :(
Anyone else have a bad day?

CheyAut 07-08-2009 03:32 AM

Oh my goodness! OUCH is right! BAD HORSEY! Hope you heal quickly and with as little pain as possible!

Scoutrider 07-08-2009 08:07 AM

Aww, Man! And you only title the thread "Ouch!!"??? :shock: You're made of tougher stuff than me, lol.

I hope you heal soon, and aren't in too much pain.

farmpony84 07-08-2009 08:24 AM

bad pony! go kick him back! I'm glad your spirits are up!

iridehorses 07-08-2009 08:27 AM

Much worse then my story. I'm real sorry for you.

On Friday, I brought in a new horse for training and during the intro to my gelding (Boomer), in a split second Boomer turned and went to kick the new guy - only I was in the way and got a hoof in my butt - couldn't sit for the rest of the night ... thank goodness for the padding I naturally carry :wink:.

FGRanch 07-08-2009 08:38 AM

Wow you seem so calm...I probably wouldn't be so relaxed about it!

QHDragon 07-08-2009 09:12 AM

I think I would be saying more than just ouch! But then again I don't have a very high pain tolerance.

goldilockz 07-08-2009 09:15 AM

That makes my face hurt just thinking about!

booner 07-08-2009 10:05 AM

OUCH!!!! thats my biggest fear is being kicked.Hope you heal fast.

CuriousGeorge 07-08-2009 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the responses!
I hope it doesn't scar too badly but for now I can only eat things that are liquid. Lots of slimfast and ice cream!
It's alright, it just feels like I got kicked in the face and it seems to be healing although there is a lot of swelling.

Too bad about the hoofprint in the butt that has gotta hurt!
At least I didn't feel anything when they did the stitches, I had lots of shots in the cut to make it numb.
Now it just feels like everything tugs on the stitches and is uncomfortable but I get my stitches out monday and I can take a shower tonight. the plastic surgeon did a really good job!!

I know I will be out there riding him again real soon, hopefully this weekend but I will have to see how my face is first.

I will let everyone know monday when he takes the stitches out if I scarred too badly.

:)