The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Which Do You Like Better!???? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/do-you-like-better-31266/)

HorsesHorses08 07-09-2009 07:49 AM

Which Do You Like Better!????

Which do you like?
Do you like the english and hunter flatwork or the jumping and eventing?
Tell me what you think is boring and what is your favorite! All disciplines!!

Scoutrider 07-09-2009 07:56 AM

I prefer flatwork, personally. I'm just not the boldest rider, and I'm more comfortable not jumping. I've jumped before, and I would like to eventually do some hunter hack classes with my horse when he has a solid foundation and the basics + rudimentary collection down pat, but I really have no desire to ride cross country courses. I guess I'm just content to keep my feet (and my horse's, lol) on the ground.

lovemyponies 07-09-2009 07:59 AM

I love it all, but my favorite is trailriding, running down trails, hopping over fallen trees, crossing creeks, etc. We have a 1500 acre park right next door so we are really lucky to have a beautiful place to ride and its all along the water. However I am trying to get back into ring work and want to do hunter shows.

HorsesHorses08 07-09-2009 08:03 AM

I agree with u so much. my unkle has 400 acres of farmland and thats where i trail ride. im more of a bold rider so i like to jump!

ChingazMyBoy 07-09-2009 08:14 AM

I love it all. I enjoy all aspects of English and Western riding. I just enjoy general riding really.

PoptartShop 07-10-2009 11:57 AM

Well, the horse I ride, Daytona...I really love her flatwork. :D So, I like flatwork a bit more.
However, her jumping skills are improving. Ah, I like both, I guess...but I really do like working on the flat.

1dog3cats17rodents 07-10-2009 12:28 PM

Depends on the horse. I'd rather do flatwork on Painter then jump Ben, but I'd rather jump Ben then do flatwork on him. He's rather hard sided so it gets very fristrating. Painter flatwork is fun though, he's really responsive

Sunny06 07-10-2009 01:24 PM

I like jumping, but the real thrill is jumping over a 2 foot log on the trail right smack dab next a creek ;) Good stuff.

eventerdrew 07-10-2009 01:50 PM

EVENTING! but maybe I'm a little biased... hehe. I love jumpers too. Low level hunters just as a warm up in the off-season is kinda fun.

what I think is boring: Endurance.

I don't think dressage is boring... at all... but I don't particularly care for it. At least not on the horses I have evented. But if I got on a GP schoolmaster, that might change my opinion. :)

StormyBlues 07-10-2009 03:56 PM

DEFINATLY Show Jumping and Eventing! Blue really likes jumping in an arena, no amount of hot pink or lime green paint can scare her but God forbid she half to jump a log! :P I REALLY like eventing dressage. Nothing beats the thrill of flying over a jumping in perfect unison though!