The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   has any one ever heard of..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/has-any-one-ever-heard-31318/)

myhorsesonador 07-09-2009 11:25 PM

has any one ever heard of.....

hey has any one ever heard of this book?

How to Grow a Long, Thick Mane and Tail on ANY Horse Lightning FAST!

Does this realy work? I would really like to get my horses main and tail long and beautiful. But no mater how hard I try I cant get her hair to grow. :cry:

nldiaz66 07-09-2009 11:27 PM

no, I've never heard of it.Have you tryed MTG, it works really good.

Jillyann 07-09-2009 11:31 PM

MTG all the way!

myhorsesonador 07-09-2009 11:32 PM

yes I have. I think I've tried just about every thing. I let it grow out several times and it just looks awful. Its thin and uneaven and its all raty. so I usualy end up pulling it. :(

smrobs 07-10-2009 12:38 AM

I don't have any personal experience with that book but I have heard from several people on here that Beth Moore is a crock. IMHO, some horses are just not meant to have long hair, whether by genetics or environmental factors. Some horses are just naturally hairy while others have nothing at all. :(

myhorsesonador 07-10-2009 09:21 AM

thats what I figured. *sigh*

myhorsesonador 07-10-2009 03:02 PM

well I wnt to that barn today. the farrier was there so now her feet are very pruty. I finaly brushed her mane ( I never do because I want it to grow out) and low and behold it is thicker than I thought. I lied I'm sorry. :P well I guess we will see how long it takes to grow out. I'll send pics when its not raining.

smrobs 07-10-2009 03:55 PM

Really, I think the best thing that you can do is to keep it clean and conditioned. Wash it once every couple of weeks, use a good leave in conditioner and put it up in loose braids or a mane bag. Don't every brush it, just pick out any knots with your fingers and keep her somewhere that there is nothing it can get caught on like a stall or a treeless paddock. I personally think that Sonador is beautiful and she doesn't need one of those big heavy flowing manes. I have several of those and the care is more than it is worth sometimes.

myhorsesonador 07-10-2009 04:03 PM

She lives in a treeless pasture. she has a run in and she is by her self all day and has a buddy at night. but they just keep there distance from each other. so I dont have to worrie about him pulling it out. :) I'd dont really want it for looks as much as I'm doing it so I can play with it. :P I love playing with long manes.

smrobs 07-10-2009 04:23 PM

:D I'll loan you one of mine. How about Koda's? His averages about a foot and a half long (to the point of his shoulder) and I have to brush out knots and witch's stirrups every time I am out to see them.
http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...s/Koda/016.jpg