The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Money? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/money-31343/)

LoveTheSaddlebreds 07-10-2009 11:26 AM

Money?

I want a horse soo badly. I sold my mare who was worth 15000 for 7500 because of the economy in february. For some reason the grief didnt hit me until I rode her for the first time since I sold her three weeks ago. I balled. So I've been so sad since then. I havent been riding. I just really want a horse again.

I'm 15 and 4 months. ALMOST 5 months. So I think after I get my permit, I'll start looking for a job. I've been asking barns if they could use the help but they all said I have to be 18. I work at my friend's barn, I've started one of her horses and have trained up 5 others. But she doesnt pay me. I go there because I just love working with horses. But since I rode Leia (my old horse and the horse on my avatar) I havent ridden much. Except in lessons, wich are once a week.

What kind of job/work could I do that could get me at least $1,500 quickly? I need $2,500 for the horse I want, but there's another thats a thousand less than that.

Jillyann 07-10-2009 11:41 AM

Hmm, youre pretty much in a tough spot right now! Is there anyway you could do chores around your house, and your parents help pay? Or maybe put an add on craigslist stating that you are willing to work or ride peoples horses if they dont have enough time?

LoveTheSaddlebreds 07-10-2009 11:50 AM

well my mom says that chores and babysitting are stuff I should do without pay... theyre expected.. Im going to do stuff for a friend of the family and hes paying. and near him theres a farm with four horses that never get touched, Im gonna see if theyll let me do stuff with them for money. And craigs list is a great idea, I never thought of it!

Jillyann 07-10-2009 11:51 AM

craigslist never fails!

LoveTheSaddlebreds 07-10-2009 12:28 PM

haha! thanks!