The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   All I want is to ride! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/all-i-want-ride-31421/)

Goosen 07-11-2009 05:37 PM

All I want is to ride!

I've been sick for over two weeks today. It was discovered on Friday that I have pneumonia.

Obviously, my parents aren't letting me ride right now. But it's driving me crazy! I just got my new saddle pad to make it all worse; I'm itching to use it. As of today Allegra hasn't been touched in a week. She had three months off before I started riding her and I jumped on her and she was fine. But the past few months she got used to seeing me nearly every day, despite the fact that I don't actually own her. Man, I don't even lease her! I'm lucky in that matter.

I know I'll have to ride soon, considering that we have a show next Sunday. You have no idea how excited I am that our show today didn't happen, meaning I would have missed possibly the only show I can do this year.

Sorry, I just needed somewhere to vent. My instructor, her owner, said that she was doing fine...Which is good. I don't even know why I miss her that much, considering it's just been a week. But I do. She hates to be left alone, without being ridden or just taken down to the barn, for more than a day or two. A week...Ack. I'm hoping to ride Tuesday or Wednesday, but you can never say. I guess I would kind of like to know I wouldn't pass out when I was on her...

Merg.

Vidaloco 07-11-2009 05:43 PM

I've had pneumonia before, its nothing to mess with. The best thing you can do is take care of yourself and get well.
Allegra will still be there for you when you are back to normal :D

Goosen 07-11-2009 05:47 PM

It's not much fun, no. I'm lucky they didn't decide to put me in the hospital. I have this huge fear of them for no actual reason...Ah well.

Is it sad that I miss a horse with a nickname of Brat? <3