The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critique my new pony *pic heavy* (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-my-new-pony-%2Apic-heavy%2A-31452/)

ditzydoo 07-12-2009 05:01 AM

critique my new pony *pic heavy*

7 Attachment(s)
here are a couple of photos from my 2nd show on her there not the best and i no she isnt very tucked up in front but thats because it wads a very low height! i no my position not the best my leg has slipped back a bit in most of the photos but im still getting used to changing from my hack (15hhs) to her (14hhs) but be nice and i look forward to hearing what you have to say =] and thers also a standing pic if you want to critique her confo =]

kaykat31 07-12-2009 05:39 PM

Very pretty pony!I love her color!
My only critique is that it looks like you are slightly pinching with your knees & make sure not to sit up until she has landed from the jump!Overall awesome job!

reining girl 07-12-2009 05:45 PM

Goregous looking girl, i love her color. I cant help you much though since im a western person, but gorgeous girl.

Starryeyed 07-12-2009 11:43 PM

Beautiful pony!

I Heart Hershey 07-12-2009 11:52 PM

Ditzydoo, congrats on your second show and what a cute pony! My biggest suggestion is to keep working on your crest releases - you are doing it very well in a couple of the pics. And keep working on your heels. I assume you work with a coach, so he/she will continue to help you with all of this. No one should be trying to learn this stuff on their own! Very astute of you to be studying yourself in pictures, that's an excellent way to learn. Keep it up!

ditzydoo 07-16-2009 01:17 AM

thatnks for the help she is a very georgous colour and such a swet pony shes a real pony pony haha
i do work with a coach only had a couple of lessons with her with him but am having more as i my coach also helps me with my sjer . .

my position is no where near what i normally is with her as im still getting used to riding a pony (havent had one for close to 3 yrs!!) so still get used to having a barrell!!! haha

SlickDirtyDancin 07-16-2009 01:48 AM

She is gorgeous! Such beautiful coloring! And my only critique is that those crest releases need worked on. =]

brookelovesparelli 07-21-2009 05:35 AM

She's rather cute! I like her alot! congrats on a new horse. You do look like your 'pinching' alittle with your knees, & you lower leg seems to have 'sliped' back so try & work on you lower leg position, including not turning your toes out. Also in some of the pics your releases look good, but in afew of the pic's where your landing your sitting up to early, which is affecting you release as your landing, a little. Good luck with her & keep up the good work. :D

Angel Eyes 07-22-2009 04:41 AM

correct me if i am wrong but they why i was told to ride was to not let my knees slide all over the show by holding with my knees

i think your jumping position looks really good, but in the on picture it looked like you kinda let your leg slip back.

my advise is to go for more lessons it can only do you and your pretty pony good.