The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Driving (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/)
-   -   Driving Class Gone Wrong! (http://www.horseforum.com/driving/driving-class-gone-wrong-31493/)

My Beau 07-12-2009 11:53 PM

Driving Class Gone Wrong!

My apologies if this has already been posted. I'm not a driving person, but this left me speechless:

RoosterDo 07-13-2009 12:42 AM

Yes this video was posted but im not sure it was this long of a version. Pretty scary to see, I think a lot of the people made it worse. I wonder if that last horse was ok?

RedRoan 07-13-2009 12:53 AM

Yeah I think all the horses even the one at the very end were all fine. Surprisingly no injures at all.... even the person who got ran over was okay.

QHDragon 07-13-2009 08:27 PM

I've seen this video floating around a few times. I thought I read somewhere that that last horse got kinda cut up but it wasn't anything lifethreatening.

angie22d 07-13-2009 08:58 PM

thats mest up man why do people have to be so dumb

My Beau 07-14-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie22d (Post 349791)
thats mest up man why do people have to be so dumb

It was a horse that spooked that started it all... the rest of the people were *trying* to help, but the situation was just too out of control.

masatisan 07-14-2009 10:07 PM

What I don't understand is why the buggies don't have some sort of emergency breakaway system? To not have it seems downright dangerous.

The announcer did a very good job of directing and controlling the situation!

LacyLove 07-14-2009 10:20 PM

O.o all thats in mind.

AlmagroN 07-28-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masatisan (Post 350831)
What I don't understand is why the buggies don't have some sort of emergency breakaway system? To not have it seems downright dangerous.

The announcer did a very good job of directing and controlling the situation!

yes but how are you going to make some kind of breakaway? the problem is if that accidently triggers.... youre going to be a heap of trouble. its way better off trying to control the situation by driving it out. im not sure if that guy bailed out, or fell off though. its tough to stay on when there are hooves flying at you, ive had it with standardbreds, its scary. best case you pull them into a stop or drive them right into a wall if you just cant control them anymore.

this is a scary situation. i have seen it many times on the racetrack when there is an accident. people are trying to help, but it really only makes the situation worse. best thing to do is try to get the other horses out of the ring (or off the track) and let the loose horse run itself out. the people waving arms, yelling, trying to catch it, all just add fuel to the horses fire. horses are funny in that there are some that do actually try to get loose (we have a few that can open stall doors and such) but once they are loose, theyre scared because its a new feeling.

Lonestar22 07-29-2009 01:35 AM

the idots trying to catch the horse cause more of it than the horse. first thing would have been to get the other horses and people out besides the owner of the arena so the horse would calm down.