The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   I got to ride a bull! =] (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/i-got-ride-bull-%3D%5D-31511/)

Tennessee 07-13-2009 10:44 AM

I got to ride a bull! =]

Yup yup. Title says it all.

Yesterday I went to my friend Lane's house(they have A LOT of cows and horses) and because I was the only girl there, they decided they would just leave me out and ride bulls. :P

But, I convinced them to let me get on one. And I was terrified. They made me use a helmet, but that still didn't help the fact that this thing I was about to get on had endless horns(not literally :P).

So, I managed to stay on for 3 seconds...and I am proud of that, because I am five foot three, and only weigh about 100 pounds, so that thing could have flicked me like a feather.

I wish I would have got someone to take pictures, but I didn't want my parents to find out that I rode an animal that could have killed me. =]

IdahoCowgirl 07-13-2009 10:48 AM

Bulls are fun! 3 seconds is pretty good for your first time. Are you going to do it again?

Tennessee 07-13-2009 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IdahoCowgirl (Post 349328)
Bulls are fun! 3 seconds is pretty good for your first time. Are you going to do it again?

I might. It was fun, but scary.

I think next time I will ride one without horns. :P

Vidaloco 07-13-2009 10:54 AM

I've sat on my share of moo moo milk cows (my dad was a farmer) But I never set my rear on a bull :shock: Kudos to you for giving it a try, glad you lived through it :lol:

Tennessee 07-13-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco (Post 349334)
I've sat on my share of moo moo milk cows (my dad was a farmer) But I never set my rear on a bull :shock: Kudos to you for giving it a try, glad you lived through it :lol:

hehe. Thanks. =]

I sit on my back of my old cow, Bella, all the time. So, that helped me a little bit.

iridehorses 07-13-2009 11:21 AM

Takes courage - more then I have I'm sure!

I have that on my "bucket list" but the older I get the less of a good idea it seems.

KatiesMom38 07-13-2009 11:31 AM

Well, atleast you gave it a shot. Good for you. I went on a mechanical bull for the 1st time over the weekend - I just had to try it - it was fun!! Except today every muscle in my body hurts - but I stayed on for a long time.

Tennessee 07-13-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iridehorses (Post 349353)
Takes courage - more then I have I'm sure!

I have that on my "bucket list" but the older I get the less of a good idea it seems.

Def. takes courage. I believe I lost all of my courage when my back broke the fall. :P But, I think I shall do it again.

That, or ride a bronco. 0.0

Quote:

Well, atleast you gave it a shot. Good for you. I went on a mechanical bull for the 1st time over the weekend - I just had to try it - it was fun!! Except today every muscle in my body hurts - but I stayed on for a long time.
I love mechanical bulls! I think they are harder than actual bulls because that silly rope you have to hold on to. At least on a real bull you get to put your hand under a tight rope.

And you are right, they do make your muscles hurt. =]

RubaiyateBandit 07-14-2009 02:26 AM

I'm the kind of the poster girl for a local mechanical bull operation (the guy that runs it always lets me ride free, because he says it brings in the business. ^^;; ). The only real bulls I've sat on are the family farm's old bull, Ferdie, and a friend's pet Longhorn steer, but both of them are pretty used to having people sit on them.

Congrats!

wild_spot 07-14-2009 05:09 AM

I hate mechanical bulls! They always unseat you by spinning them super fast which is NOT realistic in regards to how a live bull bucks. Hmph, lol.

I'm jealous! I've always wanted to ride poddy's/steers/bulls, but i'm too old now to ride steers and girls aren't allowed to ride bulls. *sigh* Need to befriend a hot cowboy and dazzle him into letting me on his bull...