The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Does anybody have a tack-n-go? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/does-anybody-have-tack-n-go-315114/)

Missy May 11-18-2013 07:55 PM

Does anybody have a tack-n-go?

Does anybody have a tack-n-go foldable saddle rack like this one:

Tack-N-Go Foldable Saddle Rack

?

It is hard to find one that goes over rails (vs the lip of a stall or stall door) that will "hold up" to a western saddle. This one looks like it offers balance. Anybody?

Northernstar 11-18-2013 08:05 PM

No, but I sure would love one!! :)

Missy May 11-18-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northernstar (Post 4132506)
No, but I sure would love one!! :)

lol. Well, I am about to order one in pink - I need some color around here. :) It is a lot more $ than it's "competition", but it appears much better built for over rails. But, I can't find any reviews on it anywhere.

kitten_Val 11-19-2013 11:29 AM

I wonder if it'll stay tight on something like wood boards. We don't have any pipes around. Looks like cool thing though (although I wouldn't order one, because I don't have ANYTHING to tie it too where I saddle my mares). :wink:

beau159 11-19-2013 11:55 AM

One barn that I haul to sometimes to use their indoor arena has these in their tack up area. They work pretty slick. And they have theirs mounted to wood walls.

Missy May 11-19-2013 02:03 PM

Good to hear Beau, b/c I went ahead and ordered one. I will put it on pipe panel fencing so I hope it isn't wobbly. If it works, it will be "convenient", for sure.

Missy May 11-23-2013 01:25 AM

Update.

It arrived this evening. Wow! That was lightening fast shipping!

I haven't put it together (attach the over the rail arms). But, it is definitely heavy duty. The pink is a very pleasing shade of pink, IMO.

The weather just went from wonderful to really crumby - so as soon as I actually use it, I will try to remember to add another "update".

Missy May 11-24-2013 02:12 PM

Update.

The weather isn't going to let up, it even snowed. But, I couldn't stand it anymore, I positioned it on the rail and put a saddle on it for drill.

It fits snug over the rails (a good thing - reduces wobble). The lower part rest against the next rail down giving it really firm and sturdy support. It is solid metal and heavy so the "rail fit" and lower support really matter. I put a saddle on it and it didn't even flinch. YES! Something that works as well as you hope it will!!!

I am very happy with it.

FWIW, anyone with panels that is thinking of getting one: the panels I put it on are standard commercially available panels. I use to have custom panels and the pipe rails on those were larger in diameter - and I do not believe it would have fit them.

You can, alternatively, mount it to a wall. But, I think its biggest "appeal" is the fact you can position it on rails and move it to wherever your wish.