The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   My New Horse! (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/my-new-horse-31620/)

StormyBlues 07-14-2009 06:04 PM

My New Horse!

Well, Westwood Warrior is now officially mine! As of about 10 minutes ago! :D I am so exited! He will be shipped here and will be here next Tuesday! He is a 16.2HH bay English Warmblood. He has compeated up to PreLimbanary with different riders. He is so sweet, and is going to be my schoolmaster to bring me up to Training level! The pics arn't loading at this moment, but I will get them up later tonight, I just wanted to anounce it! And please, noone make mean and rude comments about how he will go lame and all that crap, because it's untrue.

eventerdrew 07-14-2009 06:19 PM

congrats! (it's Preliminary aka Prelim btw :))

His registered name is under Westwood Warrier just in case you were having trouble finding his USEA record. It's a weird spelling but definitely makes him unique!

He's gorgeous from the other pics i've seen.

StormyBlues 07-14-2009 07:38 PM

^hahaha, yea, spelling, ain't my thang! :D lolz oh and congrats on finding Reilly a home!

My Beau 07-14-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 350593)
And please, noone make mean and rude comments about how he will go lame and all that crap, because it's untrue.

Why do you think people will say he'll go lame? And how do you know he won't... absesses can happen anytime to any horse:wink:

MIEventer 07-14-2009 10:17 PM

Hmm. All the best I guess.

lovemyponies 07-14-2009 10:20 PM

can't wait to see pics of you and him together......congrats

eventerdrew 07-14-2009 10:23 PM

thanks :) I'm just happy he went to someone who can actually use him and train him out of his bad habits (biting, kicking, rearing). I just don't know how.

I expect pics of Geoffrey when he gets home!

StormyBlues 07-14-2009 10:23 PM

Because when I told people that he had some stuff with his hocks and ruffing around his navicular(which is compleatly normal for his breed) people were saying stupid things about him going lame and such. And absess can happen, it isn't often though

Oh and eventerdrew, of course! Picys will be a deff!

Joshie 07-14-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormyBlues (Post 350856)
Because when I told people that he had some stuff with his hocks and ruffing around his navicular(which is compleatly normal for his breed) people were saying stupid things about him going lame and such. And absess can happen, it isn't often though

Oh and eventerdrew, of course! Picys will be a deff!

Stormy, which vet told you that it's normal for any horse breed to have navicular problems or problems with his hocks? These are not things that bode well for long term soundness. In fact, they predict lameness sooner rather than later.

Did you get recent X-rays? Did you have them examined by a good equine vet school? I would recommend doing so before using this horse for jumping or eventing.

This brings to mind an old saying, "Pretty is as pretty does." I certainly wish you the best of luck.

StormyBlues 07-14-2009 11:35 PM

^Two vet's looked at his radio graphs and so did a master farrier, and they all said that warmbloods of his type will have ruffing around his navicular bone, it's just something that warmbloods have