The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   First time expecting XD (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/first-time-expecting-xd-316290/)

AnalisaParalyzer 11-20-2013 09:55 PM

First time expecting XD

So, my fiance and I made an agreement when we decided to get married.

I have a menstrual issue where my body "rejects", for lack of better word.

I was told I could grow out of it, or not...but haven't been for hormone testing in over a year. (supposed to go every three to four months)

We agreed that stress, which caused me to vomit often, and sleep little, along with the anti-psychotic I was on, and how little I weighed, probably had a lot to do with this issue.

We agreed, that we would neither try not prevent our first pregnancy, with the thought process of my body will conceive when it's ready.

Well, I didn't get my period today. I've been having the most interesting bout of gas and cramping, and have been tired more often than not.

So I took a test.

Which resulted in two little lines.

XD

I'm excited. And nervous. And elated. And and and.....Lol

DF is pooping himself, with the biggest smile ever, he's a tad bit giddy :)

I just had to share with somebody... since my family really won't be supportive.

Just as a note, DF and I are financially secure, have the time (I have an interview tomorrow with Boca Riding Club for an instruction position, but otherwise, I stay at home, or I'm with my own two horses), and are emotionally ready to take this step in our lives :)

My own two horses will be retiring to our pasture when I hit 20 weeks, which is when I'll stop riding, 18 weeks away, and will be there until the baby is sleeping through the night.

Sorry for the spillage..but wish me luck!
Posted via Mobile Device

SaskGal 11-20-2013 10:20 PM

Wow that sounds great! So glad things worked out for you. This is just a little step to things much bigger but I'm happy you are getting prepared!! Wish you luck! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 11-20-2013 10:25 PM

Congratulations! You should go pronto to a doctor and talk with them about meds and pregnancy , and nutrition and riding and more. The first months are more critical than the other months.

Skyseternalangel 11-20-2013 10:35 PM

Congratulations! How exciting :)

AnalisaParalyzer 11-20-2013 10:41 PM

Thank you! I'm just in awe that my body was able to hold onto it.

The thing about the doctors, is waiting till the marriage license gets back. When that's all said and done, I'll be under DFs insurance, and will be able to go to the Dr worry free. In the meantime.... folic acid andd a prenatal vitamin are what a family friend (who's also a Dr) has said to get up on. And to sleep lots, don't ride anything that could jar me around our throw me off, and stay as physically fit as possible.

I expect I'll be able to get to the Dr by the time I'm five or six weeks along....

Any advice? Tips...experience stories.... anything is appreciated :)
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 11-20-2013 10:44 PM

Are you still on meds? That could be why a doc visit, even if you just go to a clinic, like Planned Parenthood, would be smart.

AnalisaParalyzer 11-20-2013 10:53 PM

Noooooo, I quit my anti psychotic about three months ago. Weaned off of it over the course of a month between July and August. At the time, we were trying to figure out how many of my problems were my environment vs myself. Turns out, anxiety attacks can be a symptom of a stressful living environment, not "crazyness".

I'm currently on no meds, whatsoever.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 11-20-2013 11:12 PM

That's a relief! The feotus is already two weeks developed by the time mom knows. So , good to be clean of meds.

I really think your mother and father may very well be more supportive than you think they will be. It's one thing to not be supportive of pregnancy in theory, but it's another thing when you know the baby is on the way. Something about becoming a grandparent will soften a person's heart. And it pregnant woman can really benefit from the love of her own mother.

Endiku 11-20-2013 11:54 PM

!!! Congratulations Analisa !!! You must be so excited. Prayers and jingles for an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby :)

AnalisaParalyzer 11-21-2013 12:05 AM

Tinyliny, I wish they would be. They've effectively replaced me with my abusive ex. As in, since I disappeared in July, he's been over they're house every weekend, has been given a key to said house, and has taken my place at holidays and family outings. When I tried to talk to my mother, all she could do was guilt trip me for leaving. He is Their main mechanic, I got him the job.

This is after he was arrested for choking me. He's still on probation for it even.

They disagree with my choice of partners. And they don't respect my choices as my own.
This is the same woman whom I ran away from at seventeen, after having taken all the emotional abuse I could stand.

I'm proud of my decisions, and ready for the consequences. I can't say they will be.
Posted via Mobile Device