The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Tack Shopping in Dallas - HELP! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/tack-shopping-dallas-help-316506/)

KitoinMexico 11-21-2013 12:34 PM

Tack Shopping in Dallas - HELP!

I live in Mexico but will be flying into DFW Sunday night for one day to pick up my Amazon and other packages and do a bit of quick shopping. I do this ever few months as shopping down here for some things can be downright frightening with the prices. :shock: Believe it or not it is much cheaper to fly to Dallas first class with 3 LARGE checked bags and shop every few months...

Anyway, I will be staying at the Westin Hotel at DFW Sunday night and leave DFW Monday evening would like to do some shopping at a large tack stores close to DFW but know of none. I will have a car but again, am there for less than 24 hours so don't want to go off too far from the Westin/DFW area. If you were only going to ONE store, and this was your only opportunity to shop for the next 3-4 months, which one would it be? I need a blanket for my new Australian saddle and some odds and ends such as brushes and stuff.

Thanks

nuisance 11-21-2013 01:04 PM

I have not been to the tack stores in DFW area, but south a bit of DFW is Teskey's in Weatherford. I was told it is the "Wal-Mart of all tack stores" One day I'll get there! Good luck

KitoinMexico 11-21-2013 01:26 PM

Thanks, I just looked and it is an hour each way... Sadly I think that would take up too much of my very limited time. I really need something no more than 15-20 minutes from the airport.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 11-21-2013 01:32 PM

Teskey's Saddle Shop: Saddles, Tack and Western Wear

I second Teskeys! They are AMAZING. The one in Weatherford is huge and they have one in Fort Worth. I've not been to the Fort Worth one but if it's anything like the Weatherford store...Well worth the trip.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 11-21-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitoinMexico (Post 4152250)
Thanks, I just looked and it is an hour each way... Sadly I think that would take up too much of my very limited time. I really need something no more than 15-20 minutes from the airport.

I seriously doubt there's anything within 15-20 minutes of the airport, it's too much 'downtown' and urban. The Ft. Worth Teskey's will be roughly 30 minutes from your hotel.

frlsgirl 11-21-2013 01:39 PM

There is a Dover store in Dallas.

KitoinMexico 11-21-2013 01:41 PM

I could probably make the Teskey's in Fort Worth... Does it have a much bigger selection than Dovers? I am under the impression Dover's is mostly English Tack?

kctop72 11-21-2013 01:42 PM

I agree with dreamcatcher, there's not a big tack store that close to the airport. There is a dover saddlery somewhere in Dallas but I don't know where and I think it's mainly English tack, I've never been there.
There is also KO Trading company in Ft Worth.
Posted via Mobile Device

frlsgirl 11-21-2013 01:45 PM

Dover Store Location
7529 Campbell Road, Suite 306
Dallas, TX 75248

Contact Us
Phone: (972) 818-3600
Fax: (972) 818-3601

Hours
Monday-Wednesday 9-6
Thursday-Saturday 9-8
Sunday 11-6

HorseMom1025 11-21-2013 02:10 PM

Dover is near my office and is located between 75 and the Dallas North tollway on Campbell Rd. It is 100% English tack.

I know of 2 Western (mostly) stores on the Dallas side, but they are all far from the airport. We have Horse and Rider in McKinney, Paul Taylor near Pilot Point.
Posted via Mobile Device