The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   HELP!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/help-3166/)

Punk pony 08-30-2007 09:09 PM

HELP!!

i have a friend whos going to be eventing this season, shes going to be using bandages, but can anyone give us a step by step guide of how to sew them or a link to a website to show us

Punk pony 09-09-2007 06:22 AM

can anybody help?

Miss Dent 09-11-2007 06:04 PM

Hmmm... Cant help on how to SEW bandages sorry.. I just usually use the ones with the velcro on the end and wrap some electrical tape around them when done to hold them on. Probably a little quicker but not as neat as the sewing.
sorry i cant help you!

Delregans Way 09-12-2007 02:50 AM

Could i steer you away from bandages? Yes they may look pretty, but i don't personally like them. Sewing them takes SO much time. There is an alternive, to get just the velcrow ones (with big tabs) not Bandages but boots. Far away they look like bandages (and you save 1h sewing them up)
Cheers,
Hope I helped!

ponygirllizzie@xanadu 09-14-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delregans Way
Could i steer you away from bandages? Yes they may look pretty, but i don't personally like them. Sewing them takes SO much time. There is an alternive, to get just the velcrow ones (with big tabs) not Bandages but boots. Far away they look like bandages (and you save 1h sewing them up)
Cheers,
Hope I helped!

That sounds like a good idea! Are those different from polo wraps?

BKWhisper 09-27-2007 09:22 PM

yeah my sister has those boots
some of them are more expensive but you can get cheap ones for under $100
they're also good because pressure is distrubuted more evenly so they don't cut off the circulation, which can be a problem if you are new to bandaging

aussie 10-18-2007 06:44 AM

I personally wouldnt be using bandages at all for eventing, they hold too much water, which makes them really heavy after a water jump and they dont offer any where near as much protection as some of the boots that are now available. Also if you dont bandage properly, it can cause massive tendon injuries.
Hope this helps!
Cheers