The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone Else Fall Cleaning? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/anyone-else-fall-cleaning-316770/)

Saddlebag 11-21-2013 08:05 PM

Anyone Else Fall Cleaning?

It's a bit late in the year but hey, if the weather's good I'm outside. Snow has arrived and colder temps so I'm into my twice annual ritual. It always amazes me how much stuff I toss along with all the paperwork that is no longer pertinent. Ah, it's exhilarating!

Lexiie 11-21-2013 10:11 PM

I do, at my barn

BO has ridiculous amounts of tack (lessons and trails) so I'll go through and clean the really gross stuff, then put all back PROPERLY. Organize her blankets, her office, etc. And of course I go through all of my stuff and wash everything, even if I've only used it once.

Lexiie 11-21-2013 10:12 PM

sorry, double post!

Wild Heart 11-22-2013 01:34 AM

Oh, I'm doing a little bit of cleaning here and there.

I have the worlds largest "To Do" list but with this colder weather closing in, all I want to do in just snuggle under my blankets all day! I generally like to go through my clothes to see what I will still wear or never wore this year and donate it to the Salvation Army. Cleans out my closet and I feel good at the end of the day!

horseNpony 11-22-2013 02:32 AM

Actually im doing some spring cleaning, because its spring over here in aus. Just throwing out old books and random things ive gathered up over the school year, i should go through all my clothes aswell.

Saddlebag 11-26-2013 11:29 AM

A few years ago I installed a metal closet organizer which meant totally emptying the closet. The clothes were laid on the bed. As I picked up each item to put in the closet I assessed it and ultimately only about half went back in the closet. The others were either pitched or donated. Since then my closet remains tidy - love it. When we put our clothes on the bed we have to deal with them before we can retire for the night.