The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What's so special with them? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/whats-so-special-them-31707/)

Zab 07-15-2009 06:18 PM

What's so special with them?

I sometimes find myself thinking..what's so special with horses?
Why do I always find myself painting horses, or longing to ride? Or just..why do I ride? And why do I love it? Just sitting on this strange, huge animal and go on a completely pointless walk.. how come that makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside, make me laugh hen the crazy animal almost kills me for a scary rock or when the rain pours down and soaks us..?

I don't have a fancy horse. He doesn't have any special, fabolous color, no flashy movements or even any high education in any dicipline. He's certainly not a promise for future shows, or even a bomb proof trail horse. He's not any expencive breed and doesn't have any special talents. He's just a blackish bay standardbred. Gaited, which is both heaven and hell..

But I'm so incredibly lucky to have him. That he's standing in that pasture and that I can go to him at any time. That he allows me to sit on his back, and listens to what I ask for him. He's so gentle, so sensetive and so willing, so calm.. yet so spooky, stubborn and nervous... He's a dream. And he's sometimes the worst nutcase I've seen in a horse, still I feel perfectly safe around him. He makes me feel so unbelivably good, and he doesn't even have to do anything.

I can't imagine anything more pleasant than just sit on his bare back and pick cherries, riding the trails, gaiting on the roads or flying through the woods in a heavenly gallop. He's fast, I give him that, he outruns most of the horses I've ridden with. But that's not what makes it feel like I'm flying above the clouds whenever he let me run with him. It's something else.

Something that no word, no piece of art and no sound can ever show. And he's not the only one.. on the surface, we look like just any horse and human, and I'm sure you all get this feeling around your horses. Why else would you risk your life and spend your time around them?
I can only hope that those who arn't blissed with the love for these wonderful creatures, can feel this wonder somehow else.

I can't explain how much he means to me, or how much he does for me, and I certainly can't explain what it is that does it. It must be magic. Or a drug of some sort, I dunno..O__o;;

(I so need to make a new film xD)

tempest 07-15-2009 06:58 PM

People say that we love horses because they are everything we can't be. We can't run as fast as the wind. Horses don't have to work for a living. They can just eat all day. They have very few boundaries, mainly they just have fences. We have rules. They are graceful, people are awkward compared to them. and their beauty is endless. They also don't care about how they look.

Zab 07-15-2009 07:14 PM

It must be more than that..

tempest 07-15-2009 07:23 PM

probably is, just can't think of it.

Zab 07-15-2009 07:35 PM

I know..O__o
They're gods! :O

tempest 07-15-2009 07:41 PM

lol, maybe.

Jessabel 07-15-2009 11:13 PM

I don't think it can really be explained unless people experience it for themselves. I don't have an answer when people ask me why I love horses. I just tell them to spend some time with a horse and see for themselves. :-)

SlickDirtyDancin 07-16-2009 02:02 AM

I just think it's because they are reliable best friends you can buy. They are always there for you when you are down. They know how to have a good time without getting in trouble. They just bring a smile to our face and we love that joy they bring. We thrive off the highs they give us when we ride. Idk but it's all so unexplainable...