The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I found SitStay.com pedigree builder!!

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  reining girl 
#1 ·
I rediscovered www.SitStay.com pedigree builder.

What do ya think? Would you breed to him :)

Will try to figure out how to plug in thumbnail lineage photos that I have.
Work in progress......any tips appreciated!!

#3 ·
he is a handsome guy, but before standing him at stud i think he should get some achievements won, wether in barrel raceing or whatever you choose to do wiht him. There are just so many studs. But if there are people willing then why not.

#4 ·
He is turning out nicely and does still have a lot of maturing to do. I have been getting some interest, so I figured I better start getting a plan together. Lots to do....pay IF fees (waiting until Nov to make sure next season is a go), get him documented and vaccinated for EVA, find a facility to help me collect him, get with BO and work out a plan for mares to come in, decide how do I want to handle that, Live cover those with proof of vaccinations and clean cultures or have the mare owner pay for vet to A.I.? Which would warrant just having the mare stay home and I send semen over. Definitely don't what him to pick up anything or get injured.

Time is just flying by. I am hoping that I am giving myself time to plan and prepare. There are already 4 mares that could potential be bred to him in the next two seasons and this is without me advertising him.

#5 ·
Hey Vicki,
Either you need to work with me or through Rusty, but I need to have you sign the transfer report for Dempsy. The bill of sale with Rusty is not enough. She is not under his name because I bought her as soon as he paid her off. Please call or email me. I will call APHA to see if I can get around all of this, however from what I read on their site...you need to sign the report. Please contact me, your issues are with them not me so don't take it out on me. Dempsy is happy at my house now and looks really good. Karis

#6 ·
He's a nice looking horse but i would enter him in as many shows as you can! and really aim for the big time AQHA shows as thats where people will really see him. I dont know about other people, but the first thing i look at for in a stallion is perfect conformation (or close to) and 2nd is show record witch to me is just as important as conformation. Here is the stallion i have been thinking about breeding one of my mares to, Cocolalla Creek Sport Horses - Radikal He's got a little more white than i like but he was the 2008 stallion of the year. and he's 30mins away.

Also i wouldn't focus on doing AI breeding now, shipping seamen is something you will want to do later in life when people far away will want to breed to him, Anyone near you wont want to do AI because its SO SO expensive. a warmblood breeder i know did it from a stallion thats over in new york and had over $1,000 in vet bills and fee's them the stable she had to keep her mare at. So good luck!! be sure to update us on his progress!!

#7 ·
Thanks Twilight.

I am currently trying to sell or lease my filly, then will concentrate on Drifter's training and showing. He needs a few more months of growth before I start pushing him. Tampa has a big show in Jan/Feb, so I am hoping to W/T WP or Eng (I am betting he will move better Eng). He does collect nicely at the trot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.