The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   OH my gosh...I just got my 'dream job'!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/oh-my-gosh-i-just-got-31765/)

mom2pride 07-16-2009 03:16 PM

OH my gosh...I just got my 'dream job'!!!!

So after 3 years of being out of college, and still working as a dog groomer (which isn't all that bad, mind you; as it pays really well, you get some really cool clients, and I'm good at it). But anyway...that's not my passion, my passions are Youth Ministry, and of course Horses.

So three weeks ago, my husband had gotten an e-mail from a school in AZ stating that they wanted our resumes'; now, we had totally forgotten\dismissed this school as we hadn't heard from the school since April when my DH had first sent an inquiry about the teaching position they had available. Well, turns out they had the teaching postion, and a horse training position available. So we thought, why not? We filled everything out, and sent it on it's way, and waited.

Well, yesterday, we went through 2 hours of a phone conference call, and at the end of it they said if we wanted to come, they would have us!

I am sooooooooooooo pumped! I will be working with the school's horses, and helping the kids learn how to ride, etc...and it's a Christian school, so I can minister to the kids as well. We are getting everything set, mapping out our 'trail' and hoping to hit the road by July 30th. :-P

goldilockz 07-16-2009 03:21 PM

That is amazing!!! Youth Ministry involving Horses! That sounds perfect for what you're interested in :) Congrats!

ClassicalRomantic 07-16-2009 03:38 PM

Definitely sounds like you found your dream job! what a great opportunity for you and your husband! Good luck and hope its all you want it to be :)Congrats :)

DixiesPaintedNova 07-16-2009 03:38 PM

Wow thats awesome....congratualtions.

3neighs 07-16-2009 03:42 PM

That's so wonderful, congratulations! It's always great to get paid for doing something you love.

IheartPheobe 07-16-2009 05:04 PM

AWESOME! :D Congratz!!! Is Danni gonna come with?

iridehorses 07-16-2009 05:14 PM

That sound's great!! You know you've got the right job when you would pay to do the job they are paying you to do.

Kentucky 07-16-2009 06:05 PM

congrats and I believe God had that planned for you.

lovemyponies 07-16-2009 06:15 PM

wonderful news especially in this economy!!!

mom2pride 07-17-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IheartPheobe (Post 352454)
AWESOME! :D Congratz!!! Is Danni gonna come with?

Oh yes...I couldn't leave him behind! I think we just have to provide or pay for insurance on him, as he will be a 'non-school' horse, for the most part. I don't mind, I'm just glad he can come along-I'll get to play with him everyday!!!Whoot!!! I'm hoping his goatie companion, Mystic, can come too...they have goats too, so I'm crossing my fingers on that one!