The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Pretty much sold Montana (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/pretty-much-sold-montana-31840/)

appylover31803 07-17-2009 03:34 PM

Pretty much sold Montana

So I pretty much sold Montana yesterday. A contract is signed and as long as his coggins comes back neg, then he'll be leaving :-(
His new owner had a PPE done. I have to say, for me never getting one down, it was very interesting to see. I know the next horse I get (years and years from now) will get a PPE done.
Part of me is glad that the whole process of selling his done (even though it's not 100% done yet). It's been a very emotional/stressful journey.
I know I'm going to ball my eyes out when he's loaded onto the trailer and then is driven away. My Montana will be gone :-(

I know its best for him though. He'll be a trail horse, and be getting so much attention. With me not knowing how my life will be after the baby I didn't want a horse with so much to give, to just sit in the pasture.

The coggins comes back in like 2-5 days, so I'll know then:-(

ClassicalRomantic 07-17-2009 03:35 PM

Awww sounds bitter sweet! But sounds like his new owner will give him lots of attention and love!

FGRanch 07-18-2009 01:57 PM

I'm glad you sold him. Selling a horse is never easy!

appylover31803 07-18-2009 02:03 PM

That is so true Tiff.
It was quite stressfull handling baby stuff, wedding stuff, and running to the barn to show Montana. So glad 2 of the three are over with.

FGRanch 07-19-2009 12:18 AM

Yeah no kidding, you've had alot of added stress with the wedding and baby on the way!

Jillyann 07-19-2009 12:22 AM

Awe.. I am sorry to hear this. I have not sold a horse yet, but when that time comes, if it ever does, I think it will be SO hard. But atleast you know (if he does get sold) that he is going to a good home where he will be taken care of. Again, sorry to hear.

But on a better note, Congrats on the wedding, and baby on the way!

reining girl 07-19-2009 02:10 AM

aww darlyann thats no fun. At least he will have a good home. If duchess ever sells, i will ball my eyes out to.