The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Horrible, horrible news (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/horrible-horrible-news-31860/)

1dog3cats17rodents 07-17-2009 06:25 PM

Horrible, horrible news

Today, Painter lost his first shoe *sob*

Okay, so maybe it's not that bad, teehee. But he's had 4 shoes for over a year and never lost one, even in horrible mud with no bell boots running like an idiot. SIgh, now I can't brag about that anymore. He was totally fine riding though

morganshow11 07-17-2009 06:36 PM

I dont think you should be riding a horse that is missing a shoe
and you should get another one put on him asap

foreverandalways 07-17-2009 06:39 PM

He He
My horse lost her first shoe and she started freaking out b4 she got into the arena so i walked her in alot of circles then she calmed down but we didnt know she lost a shoe then my trainer was all like "where is her front right shoe" im like "NOW I GeT IT! its in the stable yard" LOL

1dog3cats17rodents 07-17-2009 06:50 PM

Haha, Painter had no problem with it. I even trotted/cantered bareback on him for the first time! But I did give him a stern talking too about not losing his shoes, naughty pony

Jillyann 07-17-2009 06:58 PM

Haha that's always fun losing a shoe or two! Lol did you ever find it??

1dog3cats17rodents 07-17-2009 07:15 PM

No, it started raining and I didn't feel like getting wet. The shoes were do for a change anyway, they were starting to wear out

RedRoan 07-18-2009 11:45 AM

Hehe one time during drill practice my horse tripped and managed to rip a shoe off. My dad who was on the sidelines watched it whirl through the air. I never knew it happened... my horse kept cantering like there was nothing wrong. It wasn't until an hour later of the practice my dad mentioned he saw him do it >.<

Jillyann 07-18-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dog3cats17rodents (Post 353447)
No, it started raining and I didn't feel like getting wet. The shoes were do for a change anyway, they were starting to wear out

Well atleast you didnt just get them done. aha thats good!

Sunny06 07-18-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dog3cats17rodents (Post 353426)
Haha, Painter had no problem with it. I even trotted/cantered bareback on him for the first time! But I did give him a stern talking too about not losing his shoes, naughty pony

^^ Still. It's not good to ride horses that are missing a shoe. Makes them off balance, sore, and can really mess up the hoof and create other problems.

RedRoan 07-18-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

^^ Still. It's not good to ride horses that are missing a shoe. Makes them off balance, sore, and can really mess up the hoof and create other problems.
Depends upon the horse mostly I think. Also there is a huge affect of what you are doing with the horse along with what footing you have.