The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Registration Due to Performance? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/registration-due-performance-31881/)

upsidedown 07-18-2009 01:31 AM

Registration Due to Performance?

I seem to recall AWR and their pony registry, NorthAmerican Sportpony Registry, having some registration due to a performance record with USEF. I recall reading some list that you had to get a certain placing at a USEF recognized event. For instance I remember a 1st in Pony Jumpers was one of the options. I can't seem to find it again but I did at one point find it.

Is this just for horses who are registered with some other registry or grade horses as well? Because I have a grade pony mare who with a little bit more work will be doing pony jumpers at USEF recognized events, and it'd be nice if I could register her assuming we get any firsts. She is not an ill conformed pony, and as far as athletic ability goes she excells. Thought somebody on here should know.

Spyder 07-18-2009 01:42 AM

The AWS has a pony division and performance scores would be counted, in fact the pony can be registered before the scores and any scores would allow her to be graded up.

The AWR I believe will accept a grade pony based on conformation but I just don't know them as well so you should look at their website.

upsidedown 07-18-2009 02:16 AM

I completely forgot about AWS. Reading their rules to be registered she has to have any one of these:
Quote:

Provide the qualifying performance score copies or documents from any of the following, if available:
  1. Recognized USEF Sport Horse/Pony In-Hand class (any age)- 62% - (unrestricted Breed Classes, other than AWS).
  2. Dressage - training level or higher - 62% - USEF Recognized Classes (unrestricted Breed Classes).
  3. Eventing - 55 penalties maximum dressage test at any level, without elimination or retirement or withdrawal at an USEF recognized event.
  4. Combined Driving - same criteria as Eventing (above) except at Preliminary level at USEF recogized event.
  5. Show Jumping - Placing 1st - 15th in an USEF recognized class
  6. Recognized Sport Horse Breed Registry Inspection - 62%
  7. AWS scores from minimum of three (3) offspring that have passed the performance requirements and are registered with the AWS will satisfy performance requirements for the sire or dam.

I'm unsure what you mean by graded up? Without the scores she would be "Pending" wouldn't she? Sorry if I'm asking something ridiculous, I'm kind of a dunce when it comes to registries, I've never actually had to register a horse/pony :P

Spyder 07-18-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsidedown (Post 353723)
I completely forgot about AWS. Reading their rules to be registered she has to have any one of these:[/list]I'm unsure what you mean by graded up? Without the scores she would be "Pending" wouldn't she? Sorry if I'm asking something ridiculous, I'm kind of a dunce when it comes to registries, I've never actually had to register a horse/pony :P

With AWS you would simply have her registered and go the inspection route to get approved. Unless she is badly put together she should pass and be placed in one of the following and would be fully registered.

80% & Higher - Supreme Horse 75%- 79.999% Blue Preferred 67%-74.999% Red Preferred 62%- 66.999% Certified

AWS: Inspections

If you can get her into the Blue Preferred then she can go into the 5 star program.

AWS: Benefits - 5-Star Recognition Program

upsidedown 07-18-2009 05:22 PM

Oh. Okay, thank you that makes sense. AWS's website seems easier to navigate than AWR, I think I'm going to go that route. Thank you so much for the help!