The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Adult riding mini (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/adult-riding-mini-31904/)

morganshow11 07-18-2009 03:24 PM

Adult riding mini

Wow..........

Sunny06 07-18-2009 03:32 PM

Poor ponies :(

Their 'riders' were pulling on their mouths so bad that they were gaping!!
The first one was the worst I think.

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-18-2009 03:36 PM

Ok yeah unless those people weighed less than 70 lbs (which I doubt!), they had no business riding those minis :-( Poor horses...somebody needs to tell those people to just get a PONY if they want a small mount for goodness sake!!

morganshow11 07-18-2009 03:38 PM

I know!!! HORSES are for riding, not minis(unless it is a little kid). This is from the person who posted the first vid on youtube:

"Haha this is me riding my mini.. hes not broke yet so he doesnt really know whats going on. hes the sweetest thing ever! OKAY PEOPLE. I KNOW IM TO BIG TO RIDE HIM BUT WE JUST WANTED TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD DO WITH A PERSON ON HIS BACK FOR ONE MIN. PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THIS MEAN STUFF. I KNOW IM TO BIG AND ITS NOT LIKE I RIDE HIM EVERY DAY LIKE THIS... IT WAS JUST THAT ONE TIME. I HAVE THREE OTHER BIG HORSES THAT I RIDE. THIS WAS ONLY ONCE. SO SAY WHAT YOU WANT, BUT IT REALLY MEANS NOTHING TO ME!
SO JUST PLEASE STOP."

And "to see what he would do with a person on his back" is no excuse like seriously

Endless Journey Girl 07-18-2009 03:39 PM

I personally don't see it as a huge problem, except maybe the second video was a little much, the person couldn't even sit without their feet touching the ground. These mini horses and ponies are built to be really strong and carry a lot of weight. It's not uncommon for them to be ridden by smaller adults and teens since it's dangerous for young kids to get on them and try and train them, they need someone more experienced than that as they can be quite feisty. The third video it's obvious that the tall girl riding her doesn't do it for very long or on a regular basis, it's the young girl leading it that rides it.

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-18-2009 03:42 PM

Wow...I don't care if that was the ONLY time she ever did it, she was probably hurting the poor guy's back! And pulling on his mouth like that, ugh :-( Just...I want to go kidnap him and bring him home to live in my backyard where people twice his size won't sit on his back!! poor guy...if you look on the American Mini Horse website it states that no one over 70 lbs should ever ride a mini horse...and the general rule of thumb with ANY horse is that no one weighing more than 20-25% of the horse's body weight should be riding him. Mini's are like 150-250 lbs, so basically unless you're a small child you're just hurting them :-(

Endless Journey Girl 07-18-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny06 (Post 354076)
Poor ponies :(

Their 'riders' were pulling on their mouths so bad that they were gaping!!
The first one was the worst I think.

I agree with that, they are totally pulling on their mouths. I don't see a problem with larger people riding mini's on rare occasions.

Endless Journey Girl 07-18-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoofprints in the Sand (Post 354086)
Wow...I don't care if that was the ONLY time she ever did it, she was probably hurting the poor guy's back! And pulling on his mouth like that, ugh :-( Just...I want to go kidnap him and bring him home to live in my backyard where people twice his size won't sit on his back!! poor guy...if you look on the American Mini Horse website it states that no one over 70 lbs should ever ride a mini horse...and the general rule of thumb with ANY horse is that no one weighing more than 20-25% of the horse's body weight should be riding him. Mini's are like 150-250 lbs, so basically unless you're a small child you're just hurting them :-(

How do you think these mini's are trained to be ridden? You can't just expect to put a "small child" on the horse and train them. It's just not logical. I don't know very many 7 or 8 year olds that train horses, I'm sure they are out there but not a lot.

Lonestar22 07-18-2009 03:50 PM

in the first vid the girl wasnt pulling on his mouth. to me it looked like he had never had a bit before and was just mouthing it. the reins are loose in her hands when his mouth is open.

Sunny06 07-18-2009 04:00 PM

^^ Did you SEE the reins? Taughnt as sticks,