The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   17y.o barn owner (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/17y-o-barn-owner-31922/)

morganshow11 07-18-2009 11:04 PM

17y.o barn owner

So the barn owner is 17(the age has nothing to do with it tho), adn i ride with her all the time, we go on big fun filled rode rides all the time. And i ride Diamond. But when i get there for a rode ride she says "you have to ride one of my horses is you want to go on a road ride with me". So i usually do. And i once asked her why she always wanted me to ride her horses, and she says" i dont have enough time for all of them, and they need excersize" and i say "have you ever saw how fat diamond is!?!?!?! MY horses need excersize too". And i really miss riding Diamond for the rode rides. He is the best horse i have ever had, and is the best horse for trail and rode rides.
Any adviuce?

themacpack 07-18-2009 11:08 PM

Simply put, if you want to ride your horse, RIDE YOUR HORSE - that may mean she will decide to not include you on her ride, but so be it. When it comes down to it, your first obligation is to your horse. Honestly, if she is going to behave like that much of a brat, you're probably better off if she leaves you out anyway.

morganshow11 07-18-2009 11:11 PM

Ive told her that i would ride her horses in the arena if i had EXTRA time. But she doesnt get it that to me MY horse comefirst not her horses. And i love working with her horses, but not on rode rides.

RedRoan 07-18-2009 11:29 PM

Sounds like there maybe something more to the story I think.

morganshow11 07-18-2009 11:31 PM

What do u meen?

Whipple 07-18-2009 11:35 PM

I dont see how a 17 yr old can own a barn. Maybe its just me but Im thinking liability stuff. Wouldnt her parents be the ones in charge?

Otherwise, just ride your horse and tell her to sod off. Or she can pay you for your time. Thats what everyone else does.

morganshow11 07-18-2009 11:39 PM

Well her parent buy the hay and stuff, but she does all the clean up and deals with the boarders, and all that stuff.

Jillyann 07-18-2009 11:44 PM

Seems like a huge responsibility for a 17 year old? lol

morganshow11 07-18-2009 11:48 PM

yeah, i know, i help with the cleaning tho, cuz she gives me free lessons

Jillyann 07-18-2009 11:52 PM

Thats awesome. But you should definitely tell her that you want to ride your own horse. Or if you know you and her are going to be riding on the road and you know she is going to tell you to ride one of her horses, i would bring your horse in, and tack him up not so fast so you mess up, but fast enough so when she says you have to ride her horse, be like ' I already tacked him all up! I am just going to ride my horse for a change' And if she says no, then tell her 'too bad!'