The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   For the show (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/show-3203/)

ox-tuff_rider-xo 09-03-2007 06:42 PM

For the show

I am going in my first show on october 6 with my 5 yr old appy mare. I have a few questions about some things. First of all, I have a green tpperary helmet and I wanted to know if I need a helmet cover and if so does it have to be velvet? Its just a schooling show, and I already know I wont place cuz its the last one of the year at the hardest barn, but we are bored and feel like going. Also, I made a list of stuff I need to bring and what I need to buy, so could you tell me if I need anything else?
BUY:
blouse
jacket
white shaped saddle pad
black crop
haynet
helmet cover(?)

BRING:
brushes
stain remover
vetrolin shine
hoof oil(is that nesesary?)
treats/feed
saddle, saddle pad, girth, bridle
2 buckets
lawn chairs
lead rope
halter
extra elastics and hair gel
crop
helmet/my clothes

moonflame994 09-08-2007 02:35 PM

Re: For the show

ok, i`ve been showin for 3 yrs now, u do need a helmet cover NO IT DOES NOT NEED TO BE VELVET my first cover was cotton

Sara 09-08-2007 07:23 PM

hoof pick
manure fork
box of safety pins
fly spray (depending on the season of course)

Xanadu 09-15-2007 07:43 PM

My daughter has done lots of schooling shows. And even though she had a helmet cover, she didn't have to have one. It's nice to look your very best, though, and dress as if it's a rated show.

Isn't there a saying in the working world.... "Dress for the job you want to have."

Have fun, and good luck to you and your horse in the show!! :D

KANSAS_TWISTER 09-15-2007 08:02 PM

let's see in our show tack box (last thing to get load on the trailer) is almost every thing you have listed, except we carry extra rains, bridle parts, sturip leathers, extra saddle pads, leads, and desk of cards (between classes or games to entertain my young son).

Jumpit007 09-27-2007 02:26 PM

Id also bring some of those shout wipes(for clothes), because in between classes, you may get something on your breeches or something, and you want to look your best.

Also a lint roller if you groom your own horse, to get all the hair off you before you go in the ring.

Leather cleaner
sponges
Shampoo (if its a more than one day thing)
Washclothes(to get your boots before you go in the ring)

I think thats about it.