The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Just some vids! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/just-some-vids-32033/)

morganshow11 07-20-2009 01:49 PM

Just some vids!

Ok, i know im not stable(im working on it) due to a knee injury. so no comments on that please. the second vid ws from two years ago(i uploaede it this year, but i was talking about when i rode him) when he was being bad ahaha. third video ahah this run sucked baaaad, he has never practiced poles before so yeah

farmpony84 07-20-2009 03:43 PM

Is he gaited? I see him trotting in some portions of the videos and other times he looks gaited...

You are still holding him back alot more then I'd like to see with your hands at the trot, I'd rather see you use your seat and legs more but I see tons of improvement from you last video. even in your barrels. I wish you ALWAYS wore your helmet.....!

He really looks like he gaits sometimes... cute horse though, he looks like he's a good boy, a little speedy but willing..... Get your weight in your heels, sit back, work on your leg muscles and seat... Good job though....

zurmdahl 07-20-2009 04:00 PM

In your first video your arms are really straight, bend your elbows more and tighten up your reins a little. Ia with farmpony, you should always wear your helmet! Even if you're doing games, it's really dangerous. What happened to your knee?

morganshow11 07-20-2009 05:12 PM

I know, my helmet was broke:((shame on me haha)
yes he is gaited. He was being spunky that day. Usually i dont have to hold him back.

I was in P.E and i was running and me knee came out of place, and it will never be the same again. But i can run but not run and turn at the same time. but thank god i can still ride horses!!

SaleeColashlas 07-20-2009 06:06 PM

Sorry to here about your injury.
At 37-40 seconds(in the first video) that when you post your legs move back and forth, keep them still.
Abd before the bigger jump you are leaning way to far forward as you are approching the jump, stay strait until your horse lifts his front feet for the jump.

zurmdahl 07-20-2009 07:46 PM

Sorry to hear about that, at least you can still ride!

morganshow11 07-20-2009 09:53 PM

Yeah im so happy about that.

I know sharleese, did you read the part where i said i was unstable? that is what i ment by 'unstable'

Sunny06 07-20-2009 10:09 PM

Do you ever lunge him before you ride?

You're pulling on his mouth a LOT in the last video.. More like yanking..Was he doing something you didn't like? He seemed to be doing nothing wrong. (my volume was on mute-maybe I didn't hear something)

He's quite a flashy lil booger--very cute. I've never seen a gaited Morgan in action.

morganshow11 07-20-2009 10:28 PM

Just slowin him down:) Like i said i dont have stable knees which make me bounce up and down lol.

morganshow11 07-20-2009 10:29 PM

Oh and yes i lunge him