The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   London Olympic Dressage trot-up photos (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/london-olympic-dressage-trot-up-photos-320625/)

Weezilla 11-29-2013 09:10 PM

London Olympic Dressage trot-up photos

Here's a gallery of 12 of the London Olympic Dressage horses at the FEI vet check. How cool to be able to see them nekkid! :mrgreen: Its interesting to see the the differences in conformation and muscling:

Galleri

Skyseternalangel 12-02-2013 12:52 AM

That definitely is neat

~*~anebel~*~ 12-02-2013 01:14 AM

My favorites are still Undercover and Damon Hill :) Although I would love to ride any of the horses!

It is always interesting to note which horses are on what team and how similar the conditioning and muscling is. NED and GER to me look the most fit and ready for competition. USA could almost use more condition IMO. And GBR are all on the edge of fat - Uthopia was shockingly heavy at London I thought...

And the attire at the jog - I love the pink sneakers and jacket on Helen L! The jog is always so much fun, it's one of my favorite bits of the whole CDI thing :) Nice to see all the horses and riders outside of the test and the training.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayty 12-02-2013 01:52 AM

Damon Hill, geez that horse makes me foam at the mouth. What a superb specimen he is and Helen doing such a marvellous job with him.
Posted via Mobile Device

~*~anebel~*~ 12-02-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayty (Post 4217626)
Damon Hill, geez that horse makes me foam at the mouth. What a superb specimen he is and Helen doing such a marvellous job with him.
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a book by Ingrid Klimke and Damon Hill is in there as a 4 year old. Hot ****, that horse is fabulous even as a young horse. Donnerhall is the best modern dressage sire, IMO. He puts such a good stamp on his offspring, and their offspring. Hopefully Damon Hill is just as impressive in the breeding shed.
Posted via Mobile Device

tinyliny 12-02-2013 01:29 PM

they are all jaw dropping gorgeous. like some kind of beef-cake firemen's charity calendar. YUM!

Kayty 12-02-2013 03:00 PM

I am a huge Donnerhall fan, just love the stamp he puts on everything. Our states most popular breeding stallion currently is a Donnerhall son, his progeny are superb, but unfortunately for me that are enormous. One is 18.3h as a 6 year old. A bit big for my stumpy legs!!
Posted via Mobile Device

equitate 12-02-2013 08:09 PM

what is interesting is to look at the (lack of) top line in horses ridden closed/compressed.

smrobs 12-02-2013 08:57 PM

Now keep in mind that this is coming from a person who's accustomed to looking at QHs, not warmbloods, but is it common for them to have that hollow spot just below/behind their withers? It seems like most of those have that. Some have it really bad.

equitate 12-02-2013 09:05 PM

The hollow spot behind the withers (where the saddle should sit behind the shoulders) and the 'tubular necks' reveal the bearing used in their training.