The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Immature little snot nosed punk...

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  ameliaelizabeth 
#1 ·
So I’ve been friends with this little kid who is an immature little snot, let’s just call her B. Her and I have been friends for years, about 4-5 to be exact. She has always been very rude to me, but I just held my tongue and took it. Then I met A last year and she helped me stand up for myself. Once I started to stand up for myself B flipped a lid and started being very rude and immature, always saying rude things to me. I’ve been sick of her for the last year, but she has been riding my old horse (who she now owns and is going to get killed) so I didn’t tell her to leave my barn. A few months back I got fed up and told her to leave, but I felt bad for Rosie, the horse, so I told her to come back. About a month ago Rosie went to her house and right away she gets injured and was lame. I told her what she needed to do to get her sound again and to keep it from happening again; did she listen? No. I felt like crap because I couldn’t do anything for poor Rosie. I went over there multiple times to clean her up and soak her swollen leg. B sat on her bum and watched me do it, not helping me at all. We pretty much stopped talking after that. Then she wanted me to go watch her ride this little mare and her "trainers" barn (we'll call the trainer, C). So I went to be nice and A came with me. Earlier that day she went and "told" on me by telling my mom that I was going around telling everyone that I was her trainer, which I was not. Then she said, and I quote, "I mean, she has given me a few lessons, but she isn’t my trainer." For one, I wasn’t her trainer, didn’t want to be. Two, I always called it "helpful pointers", not lessons (she was the one that called it lessons). And three, why would I even do that (rhetorical question)? So when I got to the barn, a barn which I hate and will only go there to show, I watched her beat the horse by slamming up and down on its back. Then she walked over and was trying to talk to me. My mom told me what she said about me, so I called her on it. C was right next to us, being stuck up and rude as normal, half way listening. So I said, "So why did you go and tell my mom that I was going around saying I was your trainer. I never did that, when people asked I told them that I had given you a few lessons, that's all." B called me a liar and then C went and opened her mouth and said, "What, you her trainer? That would just be silly, you couldn’t fricking train anyone!"

At that point I was fed up. I stood up and walked to where A's old lesson horse was in the other barn. I sat in front of the stall door and bit my lip until it was bleeding (that’s what I do when I get super ******). I didn’t speak to anyone for the rest of the night after that. I was ****** beyond control and didn’t want to take it out on anyone.

Yesterday she came galloping up on Rosie (to my house) and yelled for me, "Hi, N!!! Did you hear the amazing news!!!?" (as in her broke *** mom buying Rosie for her). At first I just walked past her, I didn’t want to speak or even look at her. She then said, "Um okay then, bye". So to be nice I just called out that I would be right back. I went in to tell me mom, she knew that I was still really ****** with that little twit. So I walked out after she just told me to put on a fake face and smile. So blah, blah, blah, then she leaves, thank god.

Then today I emailed her and asked why she was being so rude to me at the barn where C and her were riding. She told me that I don’t know how to ride, that I suck at everything and that she was using me. Real Mature, right? So I was just nice and said, "Okay then B, I hope I see you at some shows; it would be fun to compete against you some time." Then she went and posted comments on my photos that I had on my Myspace of her riding Rosie. In one of the pictures she was doing this super dramatic release while cantering around (she was in two point). So on my description I said, "I’m glad I don’t release like that," joking around of course. So she posted a comment on it and said, "Yeah your right, you don’t release at all." I just laughed about it! She even blocked me on Myspace, real mature, I know...

*headdesk* :thud:

Okay, but I mean really. She goes out of her way to be rude. I don’t know about you, but all the things she said and did were pretty immature. Of course I’m just going to laugh about it. But I can’t wait to tell A what happened! :D

Kudos to everyone who reads, it's a long post, haha. Thank you for all that read and reply! :]

See less See more
#2 ·
Ah.. stable drama. Sucks that such a stuck up person bought your horse.. Arrogance is the downfall of what could otherwise be a great rider, and it does nothing but hurt the horse. I hope that kid comes to her senses and gets over herself. Maybe she'll get stomped in competition and have to rethink herself.

*hugs*

#3 ·
It sounds like to me that you are both being a little immature. I mean, did you really think that comment on myspace would result in a positive response? You also say that she didn't know how to care for Rosies injuries, yet she came galloping up on Rosie yesterday...sounds like she did something right (even if you did help her). From your post it sounds like you are the confrontational one...the one going out of her way to be rude. Also, do you own the barn you are telling this girl to leave? If not..then what makes you think you have the right to tell her to leave? I don't know the girl you are speaking of obviously, but judging from YOUR post, you are the one that is being hard to get along with. You probably don't want to hear any advice I have after disagreeing with you, but I'm gonna give it anyway. Don't sweat the small stuff. Focus on your horse and your riding...not what some other little girl is doing.

#4 ·
Trust me, she always does get crushed in comp. (This is not me bragging, just giving an example) Whenever we show he gets last place and I tend to get 1-3 place. She always give me the death glare whenever we ride together too. But oh well, ill just kill 'er with kindness.

Thanks for the hug :] *hugs back*

#5 ·
Yes, it's my barn. Im sure I was being immature as well, never said that I wasnt. I was just venting, needed to get it out. This is a public form and your aloud to state your own opinion as well, so I dont mind.

And yes, I was being hard to get along with. I tend to do that when im being put down, defensive maneuver, haha.

Oh about the picture thing. It was an joke that we had going on between ourselves. She was joking around and I was taking pictures of her so we made it an inside joke. But oh well, I guess she forgot. xD

#9 ·
Oh I feel for you. People who make an effort to be rude like that, I just dont know what to say. It just makes me mad. but you handle that stuff alot better then I would've.
I would just ignore her. I know that is a bit immature too, but whatever. Unless you can act civil while she's putting you down and running around her lame horse with no care, then do that. Good luck.

#10 ·
I would just forget about it. Easier said then done, obviously, but I'm sure 90% of us have been through a similar situation that we eventually got through by just forgetting about it ;)

#12 ·
Thanks everyone. I just needed to vent about it. Im trying my best to get over it and since I dont have to talk to her or see her its a lot easier to do. :]

Im glad that some of you understand, makes me feel a lot better!

#15 ·
Stick with the people who are your friends, compete with her when you have to, or ride with her when you have to, but if she doesn't want to be friendly, and if you don't want to be friendly, then why pursue the friendship right now? Hang out with people who are going to have a positive influence in your life, not the ones who are going to tear you apart...

#16 ·
Drama is all a part of being a kid, and considering that it was HER horse that the girl bought and is riding and made to go lame, I understand the drama completely. I also understand kids being stuck up about their riding abilities. I never had formal riding lessons-- my cousin taught me how to ride on her fat greenbroke paint horse and I won 5 out of 7 classes of my first competition three days after I first got on that horse... Against girls in the junior classes (I was nine, and just about to turn ten. The junior classes were for ages 10-15) who had been riding all their lives. Raised with it. They were all very arrogant and stuck up about their riding abilities and training and their "amazing" expensive horses. I was just thrilled to be riding and didn't expect to win anything. They were putting me down hardcore because I hadn't been riding for even a week, and I put them to shame.. But I wasn't arrogant about it. Just thrilled to have done so well. They were even more mean after it was all said and done.

But, being humble sometimes can be the rise of a good rider, an arrogance the fall of a rider who could have been better.

Leave the girl be. Let her do what she wants. It's out of your hands now, but just keep working hard and when you're training and competing don't think, "Oh, I'm going to crush her." Think, "I'm going to do my best no matter what."

=] *bigger hug* It'll all work out fine. Maybe she'll see that arrogance doesn't get a person anywhere, maybe she won't. Maybe she'll see it in a few years.

My experience tells me, though, that as soon as school is over with and people have to go into the real world, they start thinking about all the mean stuff they did and how immature it really was. I'd say 80% of people who were ever mean to me apologized once we got out of high school, and I'm now good friends with 40% of those people because I felt they truly did change for the better and would be good friends.

It'll get better when you're older. PROMISE!

#17 ·
Thanks Amelia. Im more mature then most people my age. If I wasnt so mature im sure I would have gotten a long with her just fine, but im not. Of well, its in the past now. Honestly, if I see her at a show I will probably just ignore her, which I know is comletely immature. But I know that if I even try to talk to her she will have some smart-*** remark and will be rude, so im not even going to bother.

Thanks to everyone else for being so supportive! :]

#18 ·
Well, if she tries to start conversation with you while you're ignoring her--which very well may happen-- just be polite and chat a little bit. Before it gets to the point of meanness from either she or you, politely dismiss yourself with a logical excuse like, "I need to get back to the horse," or "I've got a little bit more work to do," or, "I've got to help my mom out with something. See you later." And leave it at that. You don't have to be snotty and ignore her completely if she says anything to you, just dismiss yourself before it gets nasty.

You'll be just fine. ^_~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.