The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Remarkable Animals! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/remarkable-animals-32286/)

JadedEyes 07-23-2009 11:22 AM

Remarkable Animals!

I really wanted to share this with the forum. As I was reading over some threads lately here, I came across the blind horse and the deaf horse thread. I was really upset that some people were suggesting just to put them down and move on. And how they went on about they can't have a good quality of life or they are in pain, blah blah blah.

Well I came across this remarkable video on youtube and I wanted to share it with you all. It has horses, cats, and dogs, who are all disabled and live happy and healthy lives.

Sunny06 07-23-2009 11:40 AM

Neat!

Those horses have surprisingly good groundmanners for being blind!

I wonder if is is easier to ride a blind horse because they have to listen to you entirely? They can't take advantage of you are bolt or do anything stupid because they can't see. I would think they would listen to you a LOT because you are their only support..

PassionHorse 07-23-2009 11:41 AM

I love this place!

I heard about it ages ago, and have always been very interested in it.

JadedEyes 07-23-2009 12:49 PM

You should really check out their website. You can see all of their disabled horses and read their stories. It is wonderful what they do. It's like horsey heaven!!!

LiveToJump 07-23-2009 09:57 PM

Wow. This brought quite a few tears to my eyes.
I wish I lived closer because I'd love to help out at a place like this.

So amazing, and what amazing people to do this!

CWaller 07-24-2009 12:32 AM

Awesome post! I have a 2 month old deaf filly. She is learning fast! They have as much chance as any other animal if someone just gives them a chance!

boxer 07-24-2009 03:16 AM

awwww that gave me goose bumps. such wonderful work!