Read all rules and class descriptions!!!
If your entry does not follow rules, I will try to pm you to resolve it.
1.) Deadline is midnight of the last day of the month; any entries after that will not be judged.(31st july 09)
2.) Dogs, cats and other critters are NOT allowed, except in categories FOR other animals. (Ponies, Donkeys, Mules, Zebras, Zonies and Zorse of course ARE allowed)
3.) NO Horses shall be mistreated or injured in the taking of pictures.
3.) ONLY ONE PHOTO PER CATEGORY.
4.) Entrant MUST specify which category the photo is being entered in. And it MUST be one of the categories stated above. Judging will not start until the contest is closed.
5.) Photos must be posted here in the forum in order to be judged. Your photos must be directly uploaded to the forum. It must be clear which photo belongs in which category!
6.)The photos can be old or new.
7.)You cannot JUST put a number by your entry. You NEED to put the CATEGORY.
(3. Group Shot
(5. Horses and their People (16 and older)
(6. Horses and their People (15 and younger)
(7. Young horses (2 years of age and younger)
(8. Aged horses (25 years and older)
(9. Momma & Baby (Foals not yet of weaning age.)
(12. Pets interacting with horses
(14. Dirtiest Horse
(16. Cleanest Horse
(17. Naughtiest Horse
(18. Horses in weather
DEFINITION of CATEGORIES:
1. Artistic: Creative photographs- eye shots, close-ups, movement studies, alternative lighting, black and white, or photos that have been jazzed up with the help of a computer. You must have taken the photo, and if edited with a computer, you must be the artist .
2. Portrait: Clear picture that portrays the personality of the horse. Photos should be uncluttered with little background distraction. These can be full body shots or head shots. You must have taken the photo.
3. Group Shot: Photos of horses interacting with each other, may be as small as two horses. You must have taken the photo.
4. Action: This is for photographs showing a clear sense of motion- *EITHER* at liberty or under the influence of a person. The idea here is to show the power, strength, and grace of the animal. Competitions are a great place to get good action shots.
5 & 6. Horses and their People: this is a little different from the action shot, though you can certainly use an action shot to illustrate this. What I'm looking for here is a sense of the relationship between horse and human. Shots that show the trust between species, love, and communication. Shots in the past that have been very good for this category included photos of horse and owner about to enter a halter class, a loving moment between child and pony, etc. You must be the photographer unless you are in the photo.
7. Young Horse: Horses aged 2 and younger- single or in groups. Post horse's age with photo. You must be the photographer.
8. Aged Horse: Horses aged 25 and older - single or in groups. Post horse's age with photo. You must be the photographer.
9. Momma & Baby: Foals with their mommas. Show a moment of bonding between mother and baby. (Foals should not yet be of weaning age.) You must be the photographer.
10. Performance: Any of the disciplines being performed under saddle with rider (cutting, barrel racing, western pleasure, jumping, dressage, sidesaddle, saddle seat, polo, racing, etc.). you must be the photographer unless its you on your horse
11. Halter/Showmanship: These can include halter, showmanship, sporthorse in hand, etc... You must be the photographer. Keep in mind, that entries or a horse simply standing in a pasture with a halter on, do NOT count!
12. Pets interacting with horses: Your dog, cat, bird, goat or other critter spending quality time with a horse. You must be the photographer.we need more entries for this category!
13. Humorous: Any photo that shows your horse's goofy side, or perhaps you and your horse clowning around or ...? Be creative! You must be the photographer .
14. Dirtiest Horse: Show us your horse at its dirtiest. You must be the photographer!
15. Other: For photos that don't fit quite right into other categories OR perhaps would but you've already entered one there... *grin* Any animal can be entered in this category. You must be the photographer .
16. Cleanest Horse: Show us your horse at it's cleanest. You must be the photographer.
17. Naughtiest Horse: Show your horse being naughty or mischievous.
18. Horses and the weather: Show us your horse in snow, rain, etc.
have fun, i will be holding a competition simular to this every month so i hope you have fun. Good luck.
when it says you must have taken the photot, i will also aloud if someone else has took it and they have gace you permission. thanks and have fun :)
Every month we should have a different judge running one of these competitions. so it gives all the different judges to enter a class or catergory every month.
How do we submit the photo? Is it to be posted in this thread, a thread dedicated to the particular category or do we start a new thread for our pictures?
post your pictures in this thread.
sorry for lates reply.
haha, i like the weather one. you both look like drownded rats :)
I can't figure out how to put them under one another but I will be very clear about the categories for each one...
FIRST PHOTO: Category- Artistic
SECOND PHOTO: Category- Group Shot
THIRD PHOTO: Category- Performance
FOURTH PHOTO: Category- Action
yeap thast fine, thats clear enough. :)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0