The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Sat through my first bucks! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/sat-through-my-first-bucks-32411/)

Endless Journey Girl 07-24-2009 11:14 PM

Sat through my first bucks!

Haha the horse I was riding during my lesson started throwing little bucks when I gave him a kick to get him cantering faster. He like bucked, went over a jump, then bucked a little more. It was very interesting.. and kinda fun at the same time. My instructor just kept yelling sit back, sit back! I rode through it and kicked on, not letting him get away with his nasty little tricks haha. I must say, for a horse in his mid 20's he's still got plenty of spunk left!

ChingazMyBoy 07-25-2009 09:50 AM

Great work! Sounds like you did really well.

smrobs 07-25-2009 12:56 PM

Hahaha, YEE-HAW!! Sounds like you did great. I love those spunky old horses, they make wonderful teachers. LOL.

Endless Journey Girl 07-25-2009 01:47 PM

haha oh yea he was a total pain the other night :P I went to canter him over a ground pole, and he took a big leap over it!

1dog3cats17rodents 07-25-2009 05:41 PM

Congrats! I won't lie, it's kind of fun when there isn't any meaness behind it. I leased a pony who did little bucks to chage leads.

DarkEquine 07-25-2009 07:00 PM

Well done!

Endless Journey Girl 07-26-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1dog3cats17rodents (Post 360640)
Congrats! I won't lie, it's kind of fun when there isn't any meaness behind it. I leased a pony who did little bucks to chage leads.

Haha yea he's just a spunky little guy, he bucks if you give him a tap in the behind with the crop, and sometimes when he first canters. And well, in my case he just bucked because I kicked him to get him moving forward more. He pretty funny, and normally harmless as long as you have a good seat and can sit through it. He's not used for the total beginners.