The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What kind of boots do you ride in?

11K views 63 replies 42 participants last post by  TheRoughrider21 
#1 ·
I was wondering what kind of boots you all ride in. I wear blundstones, and they are so comfy but they don't support my ankles at all. When I wear my mountain horse winter boots, my ankle is automatically jammed down and stays there and it just feels so much better. However, we have half a year of warmish weather with little to no snow, so I'd like something that won't keep me warm when I don't need it. I was looking at ariat pro babies, but I'd like to here what you guys prefer!

#2 ·
Ariat jodphur boots. Black. Can get them at most any tack store.
I want riding 'sneakers' though. Or long field boots. *drool*

#5 ·
Ariat International - Ariat® Women's Probaby?

Those are the boots I have. Except, mine are starting to wear, even though I've only had them for a year. :P

How much were those?! I have always wanted a pair, but dont know anyone who has them. Are they comfy for long rides?

My problem is, I have pretty wide feet, so it is really hard finding a good pair of boots for me.:-:)lol:

#7 ·
I will definitely look into the wider ones, if they have them. And that made me laugh where you said 'but i dont know your feet.' hahaa

#11 ·
Ariat International - Ariat® Women?s Heritage Stockman

I also have ariats and love them. They were a bit narrow for me when I got them (I have wide feet too) but I just put them on, soaked them in hot water for a few minutes, wore them around until they dried, and neetsfoot oiled them and they are really comfy now. I don't think I will get another pair though, too much work to get them comfortable.

I think for wide feet, you need to look at something like the previous posters posted or if (like me) you want something with a thin sole, look into the square toe boots. I don't like to have a big sole on my riding boots so I think my next pair will be a pair kinda like this.
Ariat International - Ariat® Men's Latigo Tall

I think on my next pair, I will probably go with a men's boot. They come in wider sizes. Ariat only makes women's boots in a B (aparently they think all women are supposed to have little dainty thin feet :?) and I can get men's boots in my size in a D. Much more comfy. :D

#12 ·
I have a pair of Luchese that are extremely comfortable. I've been told my everyone they'd last forever, and they are holding up very well so far :) I also have a pair of men's Twisted X boots. I've had them for about 6 or more years, and sole of one is just now starting to get where I think it needs to be replaced. And I have very wide feet, by the way. And flat, too. But that's a different story. :)

And about Ariats- they are awesome boots, as well. I had a pair but lost them. :\

#14 ·
I used to buy nothing but Ariats... last pair of Ariats I bought the leather was stiffer and they were not as comfortable as my old pairs. So I tried Roper's HorseShoes.... Extremely comfortable!!!! I am very hard on boots, mine get worn as everyday shoes and this last pair has really held up!

#15 ·
Don't the Probabys have kind of a thick tread? Kind of hard to get out of sturrip?

#27 ·
I think as long as the sizing is right on the boot, the toe shape doesn't matter. I've never had any issues with my pointed toes but my feet haven't grown since I was a teenager, so I guess if you're still growing, a different toe would be better.

#30 ·
ROFLMAO @ smrobs - you're so funny! I WISH I had those perfect feet!! Mine are a train wreck - wide + high arches too. Most shoes don't fit -if they fit length & width, the arch kills me. Otherwise I'd get myself a pretty girly pair. As it is, I buy a boys/mens style so my funky feet will fit lol

#33 ·
LOL Qtswede. I understand completely. I have the same issue except with flat feet. I am fortunate enough that cowboy boots don't hurt me though (if they are wide enough). They are the only type that doesn't, I have to have orthotics for all my other shoes or I am lame within about 2 hours. ;p I like to joke that I could probably walk across deep snow and not sink with my built in snowshoes. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.