The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/)
-   -   What kind of boots do you ride in? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-riding/what-kind-boots-do-you-ride-32462/)

dynamite. 07-25-2009 08:40 PM

What kind of boots do you ride in?

I was wondering what kind of boots you all ride in. I wear blundstones, and they are so comfy but they don't support my ankles at all. When I wear my mountain horse winter boots, my ankle is automatically jammed down and stays there and it just feels so much better. However, we have half a year of warmish weather with little to no snow, so I'd like something that won't keep me warm when I don't need it. I was looking at ariat pro babies, but I'd like to here what you guys prefer!

Sunny06 07-25-2009 10:25 PM

Ariat jodphur boots. Black. Can get them at most any tack store.
I want riding 'sneakers' though. Or long field boots. *drool*

Jillyann 07-25-2009 10:31 PM

Dublin english paddocks! Love them!

Tennessee 07-25-2009 11:04 PM

Ariat International - Ariat® Women's Probaby?

Those are the boots I have. Except, mine are starting to wear, even though I've only had them for a year. :P

Jillyann 07-25-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennessee (Post 360847)
Ariat International - Ariat® Women's Probaby?

Those are the boots I have. Except, mine are starting to wear, even though I've only had them for a year. :P

How much were those?! I have always wanted a pair, but dont know anyone who has them. Are they comfy for long rides?

My problem is, I have pretty wide feet, so it is really hard finding a good pair of boots for me.:-(:lol:

Tennessee 07-25-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillyann (Post 360852)
How much were those?! I have always wanted a pair, but dont know anyone who has them. Are they comfy for long rides?

My problem is, I have pretty wide feet, so it is really hard finding a good pair of boots for me.:-(:lol:

I payed $119 new for them. Pricey, but worth it. They are VVEERRRYYY comfortable, because they are designed as specifically riding boots(but I have found that they get better once you break them in..duh.. lol).

And I have an average sized foot, so I don't know about the wide deal. But, you could maybe ask a local dealer or Ariat if they come in a wider size. They are very roomy for me(width wise), but I don't know your feet. lol.

Jillyann 07-25-2009 11:17 PM

I will definitely look into the wider ones, if they have them. And that made me laugh where you said 'but i dont know your feet.' hahaa

Kentucky 07-25-2009 11:29 PM

This is the style of boot I ride in.
AQHA Foundation

Jillyann 07-25-2009 11:32 PM

^ I like those! they look really nice.

FGRanch 07-26-2009 12:33 AM

I have Ariat Probaby's as well! Same as the link and I LOVE them! They are super comfortable and great for wide feet, I have wide feet! I REALLY love mine and I got mine on sale for $89