The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Displaying your ribbons (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/displaying-your-ribbons-32527/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-26-2009 07:49 PM

Displaying your ribbons

Now that I've started showing, and I have 3 ribbons, I need a way to display them in my house! :-)

Any ideas?? How do YOU display your horse show ribbons?

LiveToJump 07-26-2009 09:29 PM

At one time I had way too many to display, so they stayed tucked away in a container in the closet. I have since ditched all of them, and am starting fresh.

Now I hang them on a wall in our bedroom. Or if I have a picture of the horse & I from the event hanging on the wall, I hang the ribbon with it.

Scoutrider 07-26-2009 09:32 PM

I use pieces of wooden dowel rod, cut to whatever length I need, and then use yarn or fine cord to tie several rods together, one over another, using the length of the ribbons as a guide for the spacing. You can use tiny screw-in hooks, one on each end of the top rod, or make a yarn/cord loop to hold the rack up. The clips on bigger rosettes slide right over the dowel rod, and the strings on smaller ribbons can tie on. You can add "levels" as you need them.

I hope that made sense, sorry, no pics.

1dog3cats17rodents 07-27-2009 12:10 AM

I have a large mirror in my room and I have chamion through eigth hanging up. I have to many ribbons to hang up them all, so I choose choose the nicest or most important 10

Brighteyes 07-27-2009 07:49 AM

I don't show, but my barn owner attaches all of hers to a wreath and hangs it up. It looks really cool!

HorseOfCourse 07-27-2009 01:50 PM

I have pictures of different horses taped to my wall and beneath each horse picture go the ribbons that horse has gotten.

-xx-sally-xx- 07-28-2009 01:51 AM

I have copper rods with nobs on the end that my dad made for me.. i attach them to my door and hang my ribbons over them but i currently have too many so there's a couple on top of the tv haha.. my broader sashes get pinned up around my door frame and trophies go on the trophy shelf!! My boyfriend hangs his up on his curtain in his room.. they always fall down though haha

Dartanion 07-29-2009 06:21 PM

I know you 'only' have three ribbons but this seems like a cool idea. It's not really the thing for me but they are pretty kewl looking. Maybe something you might be interested in when you hit ribbon overflow!! lol

Showthrow.com - Custom Ribbon Quilts, Wall Hangings, and Pillows

Hoofprints in the Sand 07-29-2009 07:15 PM

Dartanion, that is very unique!! :-)

EquitationStar 07-29-2009 10:24 PM

I've been showing since I was about 4 and I'm 18 now so I have wayyy too many ribbons to display all seperately. I put all my 'special' ribbons (ex. championships, special classes etc.) on a string in our tack room. All the rest are on a 'ribbon ball' which my mom showed me. You take a wire clothes hanger, hold it by the hook and pull the rest of the wire so that it's stretched straight down. (It's like a really skinny loop straight down from the hook) then you have to tie 2 or 3 of the ribbons onto the bottom of the loop. The rest of the ribbons you can just stick on top. (stick the hook of the hanger through the string on the ribbon and the ribbon slides down and rests on the ones you tied at the beginning. You can fit tons of ribbons on it. I know this sounds super confusing. If it makes not sense message me and I can send pictures. :S