The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Sweden - from a riders point of view *video* :P (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/sweden-riders-point-view-%2Avideo%2A-p-32552/)

Zab 07-27-2009 06:16 AM

Sweden - from a riders point of view *video* :P

Just a silly vid I made .. it's rather shaky since my camera don't have anti-shake settings, and well... Im not good at keeping it all still while I'm riding xD

It's like a poorly filmed documentary! :D Of Sweden! :D
*lmao* The ride was 4 hours or so, and I've shortened it to 6 minutes.. >_>; But it gives a slight view of the trail I usually ride ^^

Zab 07-27-2009 02:19 PM

aww..only I found that nice to see xD
(it makes me happy, watching this vid x) Since I cn't ride allll the time I'll jut re-experience this time xD

Sunny06 07-27-2009 02:47 PM

I want your horsey :)

He's a cutie. Sweden is so pretty!

MyBoyPuck 07-27-2009 10:33 PM

Funny how horse eating water monsters are a non-issue on the way back home! Great video. Your horse is so brave. I had to laugh since I kept waiting for him to spook at a tree stump or squirrel or something. He did so well. Even when I'm watching someone else ride, I worry about spooking!! Thanks for posting. I'm at work, but that gave me a quick fix.

Sunny06 07-27-2009 10:36 PM

^^ I think horses are Skitzofrenic [sp?].
Ags..how do you spell it?

Zab 07-27-2009 10:38 PM

hehe, thanks! :P

Yeah, he's generally good :) Rarely jumps but at times he stops and wants to look :P I think that's ok, he's out to have fun too! ;) And he's just ridden a year, so I concider him young when it comes to this kind of stuff.
He was actually getting good with the puddles already on the way out, I'm proud of him! We usually have a bit of a fight with those since I don't want him to avoi them :)

MyBoyPuck 07-27-2009 10:59 PM

Yeah, my horse and I are in year 2 of trail riding. He went from avoiding puddles to aiming for them so he can splash around. I kind of liked the avoidance. I get very wet and muddy now that he's decided he loves water. That's fantastic that you can get him out by himself already. Mine's still a bit of a chicken alone.

smrobs 07-28-2009 12:34 AM

That is awesome. Sweden is gorgeous!! Can I come live with you??

Crow is stunning, as always, and looks like a very good boy. He must travel really smooth cause even without anti-shake, the vid is really clear and not shakey at all especially considering how fast you were going in some parts. LOL.

And Sunny, I think it is schizophrenic (not 100% sure though). LOL.

Rugersremi 07-28-2009 03:46 PM

What a great video! How beautiful Sweden is! I would be too scared to go riding alone, I always have this fear that something would happen and I would not have anyone there to help.

Qtswede 07-28-2009 11:56 PM

Zab, thank you so much! I loved seeing your point of view! Every time I see pictures, I am more convinced my farfar was right: Sweden and Michigan's Upper Peninsula look incredibly alike. I will go there one day!!! I was looking at some horseback riding vacations that go along the Norwegian border, but I'd rather stick towards Skane. Tacka dig!! (please forgive me, I am pounding my head trying to learn Swedish, and I assault any poor swede that sits still long enough!) lol!!