The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Boy do Dobe and I need to do some work.... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/boy-do-dobe-i-need-do-32635/)

smrobs 07-28-2009 12:17 AM

Boy do Dobe and I need to do some work....

Haha, I finally got some video of me riding Dobe bareback. I had to set up the camera and then go ride. He is a wonderful ranch/trail horse but I guess he needs a bit of arena type work. I have not asked him for much in that respect for a very long time and it shows. I guess our days of piddling around town at a walk or jog are over for a while. :?

1dog3cats17rodents 07-28-2009 12:39 AM

You guys look good! I'm just amazed at how easily you spring onto his back!

morganshow11 07-28-2009 10:03 AM

I cant even mount like that on a 13hh pony. What do you mean he needs work!?!?!? he is awesome

Vidaloco 07-28-2009 10:49 AM

I think he looks great Jenny. How much cow work has he had? Thats the only other thing I can think of that he would need to be great ranch horse.
You're a great rider, I can tell you grew up on a horses back :D
Just wondering though, does he have a gaited breed in his background. He has that bit of termino on his front feet like he has some Peruvian in him.

Jillyann 07-28-2009 11:40 AM

I agree with morganshow! I cant get on my 14.2 hh mare like that at all and I am 5'6"! Hah. you just spring up there like nothing. You two look awesome!

smrobs 07-28-2009 04:03 PM

Thanks!! Vida, he has been doing cow work for about 4 years (since I started him) and he does very well. He will track for roping and pull anything you hook him to, we drug an 800 lb steer in the trailer just the other day. He is just not much of a cutting horse. He tends to get too aggressive and keeps scooching in closer to the cattle. LOL. He may have a gaited breed in him, I don't know. But being a mustang, it is entirely possible. I don't think it would be so bad if he weren't pigeon toed. :D

iridehorses 07-28-2009 04:32 PM

Jen, you both look great. I can't see what you are saying about needing work. You did a great job with him.

Kiki 07-29-2009 01:02 AM

Nggggaaa I am 6ft and Dana is 15.2 and I cant even do that...not that she'd let me. She gets cranky if I even try to mount off the ground with a saddle. She will only stand still to let me mount if I use a mounting block of sorts.